American crime fiction

vicente solano

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I´m about to finish my current novel and would appreciate recommendations for my next batch of novel that I´ll be ordering from Amazon. I have an eclectic taste that goes from mild suspense to hard-boiled to pure terror.
Come on, give me a lending hand!

Michael Connelly
Harlem Coben
Jonathan Kellerman
James Patterson
Stephen King for the weird tales
Dean Koontz

Michael Connelly
Harlem Coben
Jonathan Kellerman
James Patterson
Stephen King for the weird tales
Dean Koontz
I´ve read all of these authors save Harlem Coben. I´ll give him a try. Thank you.
PS. Whatever happened to Carl Hiaassen?

If you like something from the 70s, try the Swedish authors Per Wahloo and Maj Sjowall.

Amazon.com: Per Wahloo

These two nearly made me give up crime novels- they are (were, one of them committed suicide) very good, but I realized how depressing it can be to read a well written novel about crime.

Another of my old favorites is Georges Simenon. His Maigret novels are good, but some of the straight novels are killers.

Ha

I agree with haha on the Swedes, but it isn't American crime fiction.

I think Lawrence Block is one of the best American detective fiction writers, especially his long running Mathew Scudder series.

My list of favourites include Jonathan Nasaw, Ed McBain, Pelecanos, Sandford, Connelly, Block. And to a lesser degree Robert B. Parker, Robert Daley, Susan Isaacs, Andrew Vlachs....
Of the Swedish, Henning Mankell.
Sorry but I´m not much into fantasy....King and Koontz are my limit.

I agree with haha on the Swedes, but it isn't American crime fiction.

I think Lawrence Block is one of the best American detective fiction writers, especially his long running Mathew Scudder series.
Excuse my ignorance-what is this "cya" of your signature?

Punch in "define cya" in Google.
I can´t beleive this forum is so politically correct that you have me resort to Google in order to avoid saying COVER YOUR A**!
Are there any rules agains using mild four letter words in this forum? To think that one of the things I like most about American English is your slang/dirty speak....!

I can´t beleive this forum is so politically correct that you have me resort to Google in order to avoid saying COVER YOUR A**!
Are there any rules agains using mild four letter words in this forum? To think that one of the things I like most about American English is your slang/dirty speak....!
This from a guy with a bunch of ta-ta's in his sig line...

I couldn't bring myself to really speak for Martha who is a lawyer. She can CY her own A much better than I can.;)

This from a guy with a bunch of ta-ta's in his sig line...
The ta tas is because I don´t know how to spell/express the end of that particular musical verse in The Beatles ¨song... But now that I think about your comment-is there a slangy meaning in the Ta Tas? Pray enlighten me!

Won´t anybody tell me if justifiable occasional mildly foul language is off limits in this forum? I wouldn´t want to be thrown out on my a** off this forum on account of not knowing the proper etiquette when posting!
Another thing. Any of you can show this old techno dumb how to insert the "smiles" in my texts?

To insert a smilie, place your cursor where you want it to be in your text, arrow over to said smilie, click on it and there you go....:)

You can select the (more) tab and get other smilies...:dance:

Won´t anybody tell me if justifiable occasional mildly foul language is off limits in this forum? I wouldn´t want to be thrown out on my a** off this forum on account of not knowing the proper etiquette when posting!
I'd say if you limit your language comments to what can be said on American network television, you are OK. My advice would be to read the forum and not go beyond what you've seen others do, and when in doubt, opt for less rather than more. :)

-is there a slangy meaning in the Ta Tas? Pray enlighten me!
Vincente, this is a DIY website (OK, I'll show you a litte mercy - Do It Yourself) so you may frequently get referred to a source rather than led by the hand or spoon fed.

I recommend you look up the meaning of English slang here: Urban Dictionary

To insert a smilie, place your cursor where you want it to be in your text, arrow over to said smilie, click on it and there you go....:)

You can select the (more) tab and get other smilies...:dance:
Having had to ask something like this has made me :blush:.

Back
Top Bottom