American Idol 2012 Thread

Fools I tell ya!!!

All kidding aside, all these kids are great, I don't know how any of them should leave.

Fools I tell ya!!!

All kidding aside, all these kids are great, I don't know how any of them should leave.

Me either! I'd love to just listen to all six of them for the rest of the season, and have them all declared equal "co-Idols".

Great night tonight and I agree with others that this is a great top six. We went to the American Idols Live tour the year David Cook won and will be very tempted to go again this summer given the strength of this field.

Our house has a consensus on the bottom three: Joshua, Phillip and Elise.

I'm waiting for the "Dion" night.

Dion ain't happening, maybe Jay from Jay and the Americans:D

The judges summed it up well at the end of last night's show, no easy decision on who goes. I still like Jessica, but could do without Phillip.

Well, if they are going to have a Jay and the Americans night I hope they do songs from Kenny Vance. He was one of the back up singers to Jay and blows him away IMHO.

What a delight to listen to this morning. He compares very favorably to this year's AI contestants. I guess that shows what age and experience can do to develop an artist. He has figured out how to make that full musical/emotional connection to the listener, something that the judges keep pushing the AI contestants to work on. Kenny Vance has that down and his singing seems personal and touching.

Elise did Hendrix! Is this a first on Idol? Love her. First time I've been inspired to actually vote this season.

I still don't get the judges' adoration of Phillip. Particularly last night, when Steven and Randy, once again, proclaimed how Phillip is just being himself. (He "takes chances" and has "found his niche." He "shows his true colors." He's a "true artist." "Sink or swim, he'll always just be Phil Phillips.") Huh? By being a Dave Matthews's clone? And it was especially obvious when he did a cover of a Matthews's song. But, when Elise is doing "her thing," which isn't a clone of anyone, Randy in particular says she should concentrate on those I-IV-V bluesy type songs. Or Randy says that she over sings a simple melody--such as the Hendrix tune last night. Huh, and Randy's fave Joshua doesn't? Much as the judges seem to want her to be, Elise is not a Janis Joplin clone. She is capable of more variety, but it seems to me the judges try to pigeon-hole her. Jennifer seemed more even-handed last night, though.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Phillip go tonight. It's getting tough, however, to decide who should go. But someone's O has gotta go.

BTW: There seems to be a lot of anti-Joshua Ledet backlash this week, not because fans necessarily don't like him, but due to the numerous Randy-led standing ovations.

Last edited:
Well, here we go. I wonder who will be eliminated tonight? I suspect Philip or Hollie, though I love them both. I think Elise is my least favorite, but she has a solid and devoted fan base (and like the other five, she is really pretty good) so I doubt she will go.

Jimmy V had it right...2 bad song choices.....and you're gone.:cool:

Well, here we go. I wonder who will be eliminated tonight? I suspect Philip or Hollie, though I love them both. I think Elise is my least favorite, but she has a solid and devoted fan base (and like the other five, she is really pretty good) so I doubt she will go.

Oops...... :)

Dang! I wanted Elise to make it at least to the Top 5. Now I feel like when, in the past, my favorite sports team almost gets to the playoffs, but then something knocks them out of the game.

Yeah, me too Birdie. At least she went out with style. Here's my favorite performance of hers. She is one fierce woman.

+1 She did go out in style - I hated to see her go but it was a bit predictable given her vacation home in the bottom three.

What DS and I don't get at all is how in the world Phillip and Joshua are in the top three. Philip is boring and the contortions he makes with his face while singing border on bizarre. Joshua has some good moments, but is a bit of a screamer.

Elise might have been the best overall performer, but her style just didn't fit the AI model, and more importantly the AI voters. I think she's going to have a good career anyway.

Elise is the only album I will buy/dpwmload out of all of these. All great singers, but I bought Haley's album and Elise fits that bill also............guess I am a Janis Joplin Joni Mitchell kind of guy.........:)

guess I am a Janis Joplin Joni Mitchell kind of guy.........:)

Janis and Joni !! In my book, that's a real man. If you admitted to admiring a cat at some point in your life, you'd get bonus points in my book. but that's probably better left alone;)

Unbelievable show tonight! I can't believe that some people aren't even watching the show. They are missing some incredible music.

I thought Skylar and Jessica didn't do that well in Round One, but they sure did in Round Two. Hollie was fantastic in both rounds.

My favorite was Joshua Ledet, this time. He has so much natural talent that I think it just spills out of him effortlessly.

My guess is that Philip Phillips will probably be eliminated this week. Not that he wasn't good - - all of them were IMO.

I'm totally with you that Phillip should be eliminated. He was weak tonight. However, I'm afraid there are a gazillion teeny-boppers dialing and voting for him as I type this. I hope I'm wrong.

I couldn't see how he and Joshua were in the top three last week.

Philip was a little weak---and a little one-dimensional. I'm getting tired of the growling and grimacing. Skylar is always consistently good in her country-rock mode. Hollie definitely wasn't stiff and had a beautiful tone in her voice. Jessica and Joshua were both amazing.

I wonder if Joshua could really win. He may be perceived as being gay, although not as flamboyant as Adam Lambert (who didn't win)---and not even out (minister's son).

Was anyone shocked that Joshua, Ryan, and all the judges don't even know what a daffodil is? They wondered what type of flower was in Joshua's lapel and came to the conclusion that it was a tulip! I thought even a kindergarten kid would know what a daffodil is---it's one of the top spring flowers!

They are all talented. But I'm getting a bit tired of both Phillip's grimacing and Joshua's screaming.

I can't stand Joshua's screaming falsetto voice, the 'too-small' clothes fit, and the whole gay attitude he has. I loved the duet last night. Phil had soo much fun teasing Joshua. I like Phil. I like his attitude and I like that he's enjoying just being there and not trying to give people what he thinks they want. He gives people exactly what he really is. From his wardrobe choices to his white man dance moves all herky-jerky. He's REAL. Joshua is an act and a pretty poor one at that.

All three girls had a good nite, and Joshua was lights out. Phillip has overstayed his welcome.

I agree it was a great night overall. High quality.

I'm very happy for Hollie and am rooting for her. She has taken the toughest criticism from the judges all along. And her attitude seems great. She is cute. She has a great voice. I hope she goes all the way although it seems unlikely.

I don't care for Skylar. Her appeal is lost on me. I think her voice is annoying and she seems very one dimensional.

I have not cared for Joshua much but I'm starting to like his voice better. Less screaming would be nice though. I can see why some would be tired of Phillip and his routine. I guess I just like that he does not seem to care and just does his thing regardless of what everyone else tells him to do. He just doesnt care. He is the honey badger of this competition.

I'm very happy for Hollie and am rooting for her. She has taken the toughest criticism from the judges all along. And her attitude seems great. She is cute. She has a great voice. I hope she goes all the way although it seems unlikely.

Agree. Hollie was amazing last night. Her rendition of "Bleeding Love" blew me away.

Hollie Cavanagh -- Bleeding Love - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom