Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #181
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

As good as the performance were last night. None are as good as Britain's got talent performance by Susan Boyle

clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Matt Saved!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #182
Give me a forum ...

Matt Saved!

Wow. What a show. Lil and Matt in the bottom two and the judges finally pulled out the save to keep Matt in the show. Bad news: two will go home next week. Interesting news: next week is Disco week. Best quote of the night which came from Ryan Seacrest after hearing two go home next week: Thanks for the buzz kill Simon
Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #183
Give me a forum ...

I disagree with the save. Although it should've been Lil going home, Matt was the second worst. The bottom three was correct and as far as i'm concerned they could've gotten rid of all 3 of them. Now, next week, someone really good like Danny or Kris could go home.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #184
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, it was probably a mistake. That was their only save. Next week maybe both Matt and Lil will be eliminated.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #185
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
Yes, it was probably a mistake. That was their only save. Next week maybe both Matt and Lil will be eliminated.
That's what i'm hoping for.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #186
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I disagree with the save. Although it should've been Lil going home, Matt was the second worst. The bottom three was correct and as far as i'm concerned they could've gotten rid of all 3 of them. Now, next week, someone really good like Danny or Kris could go home.
I suspect Anoop's fans are also not happy with this decision.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #187
Give me a forum ...

I can't remember the exact rules with the save, but you cannot use the save after top 5 are picked anyway, or something like that, right? So if two get eliminated next week and if the two are people other than Kris, Adam and Danny (who have never been in the bottom three in the past), I guess that's OK.

I would be shocked if Kris or Danny be the bottom two next week, but I guess we will never know....
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #188
Give me a forum ...

I hate to admit it, but I'm already looking forward to DISCO week. Yea, I was one of those in the 70s who dissed disco and clung to my Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Doors albums...but now in my elder years, I kinda look back fondly on the disco era. As much as I hated it at the time, it was very popular when I was a young kitten.

Even though it pains me to admit it, I really enjoy some of the classics from the glitter ball era. A few tunes I might enjoy next week:

Brick House - Commodores
Lady Marmalade - Labelle
Jungle Boogie - Kool and the Gang

OK, I'm already feelin' pretty uncool. Someone play some Grateful Dead quick before I decend into the Disco Inferno
Old 04-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #189
Give me a forum ...

I like disco music too. I guess I am uncool. Totally!

I was at Trader Joes a couple of weekends ago, and "I will survive" came on at the store and customers at the checkout counters and a couple of cashiers were humming and some were even dancing. (Happy saturday afternoon or what!)

Can you imagine Adam doing disco dance moves while singing?
It would be hilarious!
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #190
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
I hate to admit it, but I'm already looking forward to DISCO week. Yea, I was one of those in the 70s who dissed disco and clung to my Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Doors albums...but now in my elder years, I kinda look back fondly on the disco era. As much as I hated it at the time, it was very popular when I was a young kitten.

Even though it pains me to admit it, I really enjoy some of the classics from the glitter ball era. A few tunes I might enjoy next week:

Brick House - Commodores
Lady Marmalade - Labelle
Jungle Boogie - Kool and the Gang

OK, I'm already feelin' pretty uncool. Someone play some Grateful Dead quick before I decend into the Disco Inferno
I wasn't born at the time but I like both disco and Hendrix, Zeppelin, etc. Never understood why it had to be one or the other. I guess you had to grow up in that era to understand.

I think Allison, Anoop, and especially Lil will struggle with disco but it should be a fun week.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:08 AM   #191
Gone but not forgotten

I hope Adam slicks his hair back and does disco with all the moves .I think the rest of them will all struggle with disco . Should be a fun night .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #192
Give me a forum ...

Official member of the disco sucks club. I am so not looking forward to next week.
Adam maybe tolerable, but the rest gag me with a pitchfork.

Any chance that instead of eliminating two contestants they will get rid of only one, and instead ban the sound track from Saturday night fever, virtually all Bee Gee's songs, and Disco inferno from public performances on the show.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #193
Give me a forum ...

Why can't they do a Sinatra week? Dang, those were some great songs and every performer could find a good song to suit their style.

Or how about New Wave week? Talking Heads, Devo, Blondie, Patti Smith, The Clash, Ramones...lots of fun music I loved back in the day.

Another couple of ideas - Prince or Bowie week. Well....come to think of it, neither of these guys would be likely to support this and even less likely to serve as a mentor to the Idolettes.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #194
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
Official member of the disco sucks club. I am so not looking forward to next week.
Adam maybe tolerable, but the rest gag me with a pitchfork.

Any chance that instead of eliminating two contestants they will get rid of only one, and instead ban the sound track from Saturday night fever, virtually all Bee Gee's songs, and Disco inferno from public performances on the show.
+ 1,000,000

Maybe they need to invite Steve Dahl to judge?

1:41 sums it up for me

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #195
Full time employment: Posting here.

Probably could have put this in the music to divorce by thread by but this is more Susan Boyle. She recorded this for a charity CD.

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #196
Give me a forum ...

Wow after hearing a full song by Susan, I am sure she is a better singer than anybody on idol this year. Of course there are many folks this year who give better performances.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #197
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Wow after hearing a full song by Susan, I am sure she is a better singer than anybody on idol this year. Of course there are several folks this year who are better performances.
I hate to play that card, but if she were even remotely a "looker" she would have been a star a long time ago.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #198
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I hate to play that card, but if she were even remotely a "looker" she would have been a star a long time ago.
Say it ain't so Joe. People aren't so shallow to judge somebody by appearance. Certainly not I.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #199
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
If Marilyn Manson, Joe Cocker, Mick Jagger, and Amy Winehouse can be successful, Susan can be a superstar.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #200
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Wow after hearing a full song by Susan, I am sure she is a better singer than anybody on idol this year. Of course there are many folks this year who give better performances.
She's 47 years old so she wouldn't even be allowed on American Idol because of the age limit being 29. British Idol must not have a max age.