American Idol

Kris is good enough to do just fine in the music business. He'll sell plenty of CD's, more than many might think. For a while.

I think Adam has a chance of being successful for a long time, however, doing a variety of things. Example: "We are the Champions". It's one of the world's cheesiest songs, but his vocal talent was very evident on probably the best overall performance of the finale show.

If I'm Brian May (Queen guitarist), I'm handing Adam my phone number and a note that says "call me when you are done with the Idol pop singer obligations."

Well, even Kris was baffled! I think he has a lot of potential but he's not quite there yet. He has a really nice voice and a very attractive presence. You never can tell what he might accomplish.

I never thought much of Adam but I was in the minority and I'm an oldbabe so what do I know?

I don't think Kris is super good looking (Hey, Jason Castro was SUPER cute!!!). I think he ended up taking most of Danny's votes when Danny left, is what I think has happened. Plus Adam fits more into the TV show we had a couple years back, called RockStar Supernova (First season was finding a lead singer for INXS, and the second season was for Motley Crue.) - the majorities of American Idol fans probably don't listen to Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin or Kiss - their focus is pop.

I am actually a little surprised that Adam came as far as he has. Maybe the demographic is changing! I am personally tired of listening to Elton John's Don't let the sun go down on me, or Billy Joel's songs, or Barry Manilow etc.

One thing we are certain of is that it doesn't matter if you are #1, or 2, or 3 or even 4. Some get the right kind of music and publicity to make it really big and some... not so much.

it was simple voter politics - danny's votes went to kris...if you went to the effort of voting for danny, i don't think adam appealed to you more than kris...

I am happy Kris won. The judges hyped Adam WAY too much. Both will do fine with music careers. I still think Danny will sell more albums than Adam or Kris. As a matter of fact, I think Allison could form her own rock band and be the next No Doubt or Evanescence.......:)

Surfed the net and found out that 38 million votes came from Arkansas? So are they all going to support Kris by buying his CDs etc? Winning a voting game is one thing but really supporting the guy's career is something else!

I did my part . I voted five times last night for Adam so I guess that dethrones Purron and makes me his biggest fan !

Hey Moemg, LOVE the fact you and I are the Adam fans around the ER forum! Yea, he didn't win American Idol, but I'm thinking he won "International Idol" and his career will be just fine. I know Adam loved performing with Queen and Kiss last night. Peace, love and Rock and Roll!

Attachments

• adam avatar GIF.GIF
    adam avatar GIF.GIF
    22.4 KB · Views: 76
I have a youth baseball game tonight. Won't be home until 8:30 pm or so. Not going to DVR because Danny's not in it. I don't care who wins anymore........

David Cook is coming to our local fair this summer, I'm going to go. They called him the "surprise winner" of last year's American Idol. Surprise? He outsung Archuleta all the time..........:)

FD you screwed up man. The all star line up of rock and pop stars was impressive (Although in the case of Rod Stewart, I sort of felt like American Idol is where pop stars go before the nursing home.). The absolute highlight was Kara dissing Bikini girl in sing off, and than showing that Kara has even more impressive Abs than bikini girl.

I was surprised but not completely shocked that Kris won. I am sure that Adam will have the bigger career.

I actually think Allison will have the biggest career of all of them. She has so much talent shown by her duet with Cyndi Lauper the final night.

Guess who's on the next cover of Rolling Stone?

Attachments

• Rolling Stone Cover.jpg
    Rolling Stone Cover.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom