American Idol

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The new season starts tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing the show again. I'll miss Paula's oddball remarks, but look forward to seeing how Ellen does. Anyone else planning to tune in this season?

I always watch it......I like he first couple weeks because of all the bizarre contestants that are tone-deaf.

I don't mind Ellen, but does she know anything abot music?

I can't wait!!! I LOVE American Idol and I can/will watch every bit of it. Unlike FD above, I don't like the first weeks but once they are down to their top dozen or so I am in heaven because they are ALL good.

As for Ellen, she is entertaining but I will miss Paula a lot.

I am very distressed that this might be Simon's last season but at least he will be participating this year.

I don't like the first weeks but once they are down to their top dozen or so I am in heaven because they are ALL good.

Me too W2R. I also enjoy sharing the show with family and friends. My mom always watches and we often call each other during commercials to discuss what just happened. We have a lot of fun with it! The show sure helps cheer me up during the winter months. I really need it this year after all the cold and snowy weather we've had here in Virginia.

Gotta say I'm with FD on this one....I like the crazies....:LOL:....after they're gone, I get bored with the show.

I'll be watching too. I think Ellen will add a nice touch to the program, though I can't see it lasting without Simon. Guess we'll see what happens.

The show will be challenged without Simon but if you've seen America's Got Talent, with Pierce Morgan, he has a similar "take no prisoners" attitude to Simon. If they replace Simon with someone who tells it like it is, I don't think they will have a problem.
We love the show and try to guesss who will be eliminated and who will make it through. By the end, they are all great. Too bad they have to pick just one.
Paula was worthless. Her comments were insipid. She was always trying to be nice.

Me too. I look forward to this season every year (I've been watching it since the middle of Season 1), but this year, I am especially looking forward to hearing what Ellen has to say. I hope she was involved in the auditioning process too (one clip I saw didn't have Ellen at the judges table. Does anybody know?

If American idol goes away next year, that's ok. I mean, they're paying Ryan Seacrest about $15 million or so to host it? That is a joke............:( Without Simon, the show isn't worth watching.........

If American idol goes away next year, that's ok. I mean, they're paying Ryan Seacrest about $15 million or so to host it? That is a joke............:( Without Simon, the show isn't worth watching.........

I absolutely agree Simon has been a big part of AI's success. DH and I comment after the performances then sit back to see what Simon says. It just wouldn't be the same without him.

Gotta say I'm with FD on this one....I like the crazies....:LOL:....after they're gone, I get bored with the show.

Maybe Im weird. But I enjoy the first few times where the show the people who don't quite have it ;) But then as it goes on not so much. I enjoyed it the first 2 years but now not so much.

I've watched every episode of every season and this one will be no different. I think Ellen will be a good replacement judge. She won't be as nice as Paula. She'll tell the truth without sugar-coating it like Paula but she won't be mean like Simon. She'll also add some comic relieve which is always nice. She doesn't have the music background like the others but she'll be a good representative of the general Idol fan. She doesn't start until hollywood week though. Ellen said she would leave the show if Simon does. I don't know if she was serious but if she is then next season should be interesting...if there is a next season.

My favorite so far:

Reactions: W2R
I'm sorry I missed it. The crazies are my best part, because it's so interesting to see how self-deluded people can be.

We now have the top 24. Any early favorites? So far, I'm really liking Crystal Bowersox:

The girls are far better than the guys this year. Crystal is probably better than 10 of the 12 guys but may not make the top 6 girls. Some of the top girls include: Dedi, Katie Stevens, Janell, and Charity. Top guys are probably Casey and Big Mike. Some people seem to like Garcia but i've seen nothing to like with him.

The girls are far better than the guys this year. Crystal is probably better than 10 of the 12 guys but may not make the top 6 girls. Some of the top girls include: Dedi, Katie Stevens, Janell, and Charity. Top guys are probably Casey and Big Mike. Some people seem to like Garcia but i've seen nothing to like with him.

Here's a link for those who, like me, can't remember who's who this early on:

Top 24 - Season 9 - Contestants - American Idol

As far as the guys, I like John Park. I don't think he'll make it really far but his voice has a very nice quality.

YouTube - John Park on American idol 9 auditions

I have only seen about half of AI so far, since Frank and I have been spending a lot of time together lately doing a variety of other things and also I have forgotten to watch a few nights. Unfortunately whenever I am watching it, it seems like there isn't much singing and they are just telling people whether or not they made the cut. :rolleyes:

So, I can't yet say who is my favorite but I think this year's talent is amazing (especially the girls), and might be the best yet! Now that most of the culling is done, I will be more interested in watching.

You may remember Angela Martin not only because of her vocal talent but because of her string of personal tragedy.

She's auditioned three times for "Idol" and has never made the Top 24. Her daughter is afflicted with a seizure disorder, her father was killed right before Hollywood Week two years ago and her mother went missing this past Christmas (also not too long before Hollywood Week of season 9). There was also a kind-of funny story about Angela watching herself on "Idol" from jail. Angela's good attitude in the face of such hardships is remarkable.

This is what Ellen DeGeneres brings to the American Idol show:

YouTube - 'American Idol' Castoff Angela Martin Gets a Huge Surprise(02/19/10)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IpzaXFTsT8

Thanks RonBoyd. I missed her on Ellen and enjoyed watching this.

Back
Top Bottom