Join Early Retirement Today

An evening out
Old 02-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

An evening out

DH & I rarely go to concerts but the kids bought us tickets for Christmas. The venue was crowded with little seating but the acts were fantastic.

If you haven't heard Jimmie Herrod you should: https://jimmiebeingjimmie.com/ Scroll down through that site to watch OPB's interview. A local (Portland) with a Master's Degree in Jazz Studies from Portland State University.

The main act was Kandace Springs. An all-female trio all first-rate. This is the only video I could find with the same drum (Taylor Moore) and bassist (Caylen Bryant) players.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Excellent! There's so much talent out there.
I liked Kandace Springs' Sade cover.
Thanks for sharing.
walkinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:03 PM   #3

I never heard of either of them. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed both of them.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:11 PM   #4

Occasionally watch OPB. To each their own. Go to a lot of concerts. Mostly rock. Will wait for the local Oregon Art Beat to check them out.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #5

I really like the directions new jazz artists like these women are taking, incorporating elements of other genres into their music. I was watching an "American Masters" doc on Miles Davis the other evening -- he did the same thing repeatedly and opened himself up to a whole new audience.

Thanks for posting.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:37 AM   #6

We've been visiting some friends near Wickenburg, AZ. Their daughter works at the Webb center for performing arts, and they often sponsor shows there. We've seen Black Violin, Eagles tribute band, and Rhythm of the Dance by National dance company of Ireland. All very good performances. Last night we went to a meet/greet with the Texas Tenors and had a great time with them.