Another Football Season, Another OTA Indoor Antenna To Try

With football season fast approaching and Thursday games coming to CBS, my OTA signal for CBS still is sometimes spotty.

So, I'm at it again hunting for a decent OTA indoor antenna that can maintain a steady signal.

I came across an indoor/outdoor (originated from Kickstarter) which has pretty good reviews and some say even better than the popular Mohu Leaf.

It's called, appropriately, a the cable cutter:

Amazon.com: HD Frequency Cable Cutter Indoor/Outdoor HD Digital TV Antenna (CC-17): Electronics

There's also a smaller version (but I got the big one):

Amazon.com: HD Frequency Cable Cutter Indoor Outdoor HD Digital TV Antenna - Mini (CC-17M): Electronics

The antenna is on the way from Amazon so I'll play around with that soon.

Best thing to do for an indoor antenna is first put it up as high as you can .All the way up to the ceiling.Next,point it towards the window facing the TV towers.I live about 50 miles from Los Angeles ,Mt Wilson and I have no problem.I hope it works out for you.Good luck!As everyone knows every situation is different.You mileage may vary.

Wanna bet? I know someone who believes there's no such thing as an aesthetically acceptable antenna. The two of you should meet and discuss. :)

I don't know. I think a visual reminder of saving $100 a month and kicking Big Cable to the curb is pretty attractive!

Best thing to do for an indoor antenna is first put it up as high as you can .All the way up to the ceiling.Next,point it towards the window facing the TV towers.I live about 50 miles from Los Angeles ,Mt Wilson and I have no problem.I hope it works out for you.Good luck!As everyone knows every situation is different.You mileage may vary.

Since all I have are balcony windows facing one direction, there isn't much of a choice. But the new antenna I have is working great. I've clearly gotten CBS (which was the problem station for me) and the other channels with very little drop out.

I was watching a pre-season football game last night and usually during the game when I train goes by I'd get the multipath interference where the signal bounces off the train and confuses the antenna. But with the new antenna, that didn't even happen once :D. I think with the funny shape, it somehow manages to combine the signals or something. I've only noticed a bit of the interference when watching "Criminal Minds" on CBS but even then, that was much less than before.

Attachments

• 81+NpscMf7L._SL1500_.jpg
    81+NpscMf7L._SL1500_.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 3
Be happy antenna issues are the only thing keeping you from OTA broadcasts. With broadcast towers only 12 miles away from me you would think I wouldn't have any problems. Well having an airport directly in the line of sight makes it challenging, plus certain days (read Sundays) they have planes waiting to land circle dirctly overhead. (In case you don't know planes can cause serious signal interference). It all adds up to watching football can be a real challenge.:mad:

Be happy antenna issues are the only thing keeping you from OTA broadcasts. With broadcast towers only 12 miles away from me you would think I wouldn't have any problems. Well having an airport directly in the line of sight makes it challenging, plus certain days (read Sundays) they have planes waiting to land circle dirctly overhead. (In case you don't know planes can cause serious signal interference). It all adds up to watching football can be a real challenge.:mad:

What a drag. I live about 6-7 miles from MSY (New Orleans' main commercial airport). None of the TV stations are in that direction, though, and so far I am not getting much if any interference with the major networks.

PBS is the only station that I sometimes have trouble getting, but I think I have positioned the antenna so that I can always get it now.

Not having a huge cable TV bill every month is a joyful and wonderful experience. :D

Back
Top Bottom