Votes: 0 0.0%
  • violin, etc.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • radio

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • armpit

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
Guitar to accompany myself singing. My daughter likes it, my wife says that's because she's also fascinated by the cats howling.... :-\

Owner of five electric guitars, two acoustic guitars, one violin, and one keyboard, and two armpits...

a one, a two, pffft, pffft, pffft.............

Laurence said:
Guitar to accompany myself singing. My daughter likes it, my wife says that's because she's also fascinated by the cats howling.... :-\
People smile and nod, then gradually think of reasons to get out of the room... :cell:
My son and I have a growing collection of guitars...I just love to feel them close to my body :smitten:
3 acoustics
3 electric

Bonus - bonding and staying close with 19 year old....

When we travel we look for guitar shops and noodle...

Excited when the Musciansfriend catalog arrives
DanTien :)

If I couldn't play a musical instument, I'd want to be a drummer. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

How can you tell a drummer is at the door?

The knocking changes speed...

Used to be a classically trained trumpeter before I decided to make a living. Now that I'm not working, I have been practicing 2 to 4 times a week and once in awhile it sounds half decent but I'm not running to join the union yet. Since I practice during the afternoon, it's not likely that Ernest T is going to throw rocks at my windows.

Years and years of trumpet followed by baritone.
Now working on the keyboard.
However, I was the road manager for several fair to midlin rock bands during high school and college. Now there's where the talent lies.
Fame and fortune??  Lots and Lots:: 8)
One of our groups opened for Bobby Vee.
I have partied and illegally consumed alcohol  :eek: with The Champs, The Trashmen, The Four Seasons, and of course Bobby Vee.
I know, who the hell are they, right :confused:

JPatrick said:
Bobby Vee.
I know, who the hell are they, right :confused:

Bobby Vee.
He's still out doing it - fairs, etc.
I was dropping daughter at college last year in St. Joseph, MN. - across the street from school was a store front/recording studio - his headquarters.
Has a web site.

Soooo - if I'm old enough to know - I should pretend I never heard of them.

Right:confused:

DanTien said:
Bobby Vee. 
He's still out doing it - fairs, etc.
I was dropping daughter at college last year in St. Joseph, MN. - across the street from school was a store front/recording studio - his headquarters.
Has a web site.
Ol Bobby has kind of come full circle. He's back playing the same upper midwest places that gave him his start. Kind of cool at that.  I believe he still has a place in Fargo where it really all began. 8)

We're not going to have much of ER band with no woodwinds, only one drummer and our largest section being armpits. :p

SG--I can whistle a little bit, so I'll be happy to join the band. The only problem is that my whistling sounds like armpits nowadays. Pffft Pfft Do Ra Pffft Me.

BTW, Martha still claims she married me because of my whistling skill. Maybe what I whistle and what she hears are two different things? I guarantee DW will laugh at like any music the band makes--once.

--Greg

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
SG--I can whistle a little bit, so I'll be happy to join the band.  The only problem is that  my whistling sounds like armpits nowadays.  Pffft  Pfft  Do Ra Pffft Me.

BTW, Martha still claims she married me because of my whistling skill.  Maybe what I whistle and what she hears are two different things?  I guarantee DW will  laugh at like any music the band makes--once.

--Greg
Greg, Your willingness to perform some whistling for the band is admirable. Maybe we could get some others to help with kazoos too. Of course it may take a lot of whistlers and kazoo hummers to overpower the armpits. :D :LOL:

((^+^)) SG said:
Greg, Your willingness to perform some whistling for the band is admirable. Maybe we could get some others to help with kazoos too. Of course it may take a lot of whistlers and kazoo hummers to overpower the armpits. :D :LOL:

I think if we distribute ear AND nose plugs, especially to any audience that might gather to watch and listen, then we wouldn't overpower any one. It would--again--be the perfect 'balance' for our retirement years. I've got some ideas for uniforms and hats too. :D

--Greg

Music sure  is a career you have to save up for. 

Most of my jazz trombone gigs pay about $50, with a range from $15 to $100.  Every year I manage to make handy profit of about -$500.  If I were any good, I could probably get that to -$200.

If you dare, click here to see me at a gig.

I got yer woodwind right here.

TromboneAl said:
Over a decade of sax & clarinet. I realized that I sucked at improvising so I concluded that I'd have to earn my living by becoming an engineer. Playing in the college pep band got me a lot of free football tickets but I haven't played a woodwind in over 20 years and I can barely read music anymore. Picking up my kid's flute was such a humiliating experience that I'm saving keyboards for after my surfing days are over. By then I'll probably be deaf & blind, too, so I won't be bothered by my lack of skill.

My brother plays R&B guitar in a Boulder area band. Stevie Ray isn't sweating the competition but he's pretty good. College was the best eight years of his life...

ER has allowed me to pick up the guitar again. I don't have much natural ability but I'm getting much better with practice. I founf s wonderful teacher and we've been working on everything from Stevie-Ray through Bill Monroe.

JB said:
ER has allowed me to pick up the guitar again. I don't have much natural ability but I'm getting much better with practice. I founf s wonderful teacher and we've been working on everything from Stevie-Ray through Bill Monroe.

Good taste and range..
Wonderful way to spend ER time and money

DanTien

TromboneAl said:

Most of my jazz trombone gigs pay about $50, with a range from $15 to $100.  Every year I manage to make handy profit of about -$500.   If I were any good, I could probably get that to -$200.

If you dare, click here to see me at a gig.
I admire a guy who can keep his embrasure as you clearly have 8)

Love those horns Al.

My son is a guitarist who hopes to make his living off music. Fortunately he's starting college as a Music major which may give him more options than playing lead guitar in a Heavy Metal band.

We shall see. Once his band records a better demo, I'll post their website.

JPatrick said:
Yes that is french- - - -I no longer do french ::)

Sorry but it's part of the english language now.
You probably would have to eliminate 1/3 to 1/2 of the "American" language if you remove all the french derived words.

Yes, "embouchure" -- wasn't I good to not say anything?

This is my cheat sheet for musical words:

rhythm embouchure tongue tonguing diaphragm repertoire

Back
Top Bottom