Another reason to ER from that sales career: Fargo ND

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
StarAdvertiser.com - Mobile Edition

The Bethelem, Pa.-based company that makes Hot Tamales candy offered its sales team an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii if it met its annual goals, and a trip to the nation's arctic tundra if it didn't.
The Just Born team did not meet its target and, yesterday, about two dozen salespeople gathered inside the 19-story Radisson hotel -- the tallest building in this frozen city.
Outside, the temperature was 7 degrees. The ground had 2 feet of snow.
Not exactly Hawaii: Honolulu was sunny, and a comfortable 82 degrees.
I hope this motivational practice doesn't catch on, but don't worry-- I'm sure the Hawaii Visitors & Conventions Bureau will be issuing a sternly-worded protest any minute now...

I hope next year the HVCB offers to buy a bunch of Hot Tamales if they are close to their sales target. Rapid City is even more dreary than Fargo and that was during summer.

I can't even imagine how cold those places are during the winter. burrrr...

Some of us get sent to places like that regardless of performance. Man, the 17th rate holes I have been dispatched to over the course of my career. Just glad I never had to go to the Minot office of the one client.

Ah, so that's where they hide the "real" books and carry on their fraudulent activities...

No, that is where they have the giant call center staffed by soldiers' spouses.

Back
Top Bottom