Another thought for honeymoon destination...

Or how about Niagara Falls !

slowly I turn, Inch by inch step by step...

Yea Niagra Falls, you could visit the Sussquahanna Hat Company.

Posted by: 73ss454 Posted on: Today at 01:44:29 PM
Insert Quote
Yea Niagra Falls, you could visit the Sussquahanna Hat Company.

Posted by: MasterBlaster Posted on: Today at 01:42:10 PM
Insert Quote
Niagara Falls !

slowly I turn, Inch by inch step by step...

:confused: I thought we were talking about Banff, Lake Louise and places like that.

Lake Louise would be perfect, you can also visit Banff, the Hot Springs, drive into BC, then you will know there is a God.

The other alternative is to fly to Vancouver, take the steam train up to Squamish, the ferry back, rent a car, take the ferry to Victoria, drive up the coast, see the forests at Tafino, do some killer Whale watching.

You could also fly into Vancouver, do the Alaskan Cruise?

Beautiful British Columbia.

I've been skiing at Lake Louise - it was great.

Don't know what time of year you're talking but Alaska is great too. I have done the cruise (Holland America) and also another trip - flew to Juneau, took the Ferry to Skagway, took the White Pass train part of the way to Whitehorse (bussed the rest of the way). The Yukon is absolutely gorgeous in August. There are good hot springs, rafting and hiking...

Howard and Sheryl are spot on!!

Years ago DH and I took the train from Vancouver to Banff for a ski vacation.  Great ride, the kids were little and even they were engaged in the passing view. 

Comax and Hot Springs are my brother's family favorites.

Ya gotta be careful about taking a sailing vacation in BC, the sea 'infected' my son - he grew up to attend the Maritime Acadamy.

Maybe we shouldn't talk about such experiances in "mixed" company.. ;)

Howard said:
Lake Louise would be perfect, you can also visit Banff, the Hot Springs, drive into BC, then you will know there is a God.

The other alternative is to fly to Vancouver, take the steam train up to Squamish, the ferry back, rent a car, take the ferry to Victoria, drive up the coast, see the forests at Tafino, do some killer Whale watching.

You could also fly into Vancouver, do the Alaskan Cruise?

Beautiful British Columbia.

Kind of hyperactive for a Honeymoon don't you think? I thought on a Honeymoon you were supposed to go to Hawaii, go to the beach a little, and proceed to give the bride cystitis.

Ha

HaHa said:
Kind of hyperactive for a Honeymoon don't you think? I thought on a Honeymoon you were supposed to go to Hawaii, go to the beach a little, and proceed to give the bride cystitis.

Ha

Hot Damn, you are a Pip, Ha! :D (And right as rain) :D

HaHa said:

Ha

"Cystitus"? Wasn't he a Roman philosopher? I gave the bride
"Captain Midnight" (both times). :) No complaints!

JG

Book a New Orleans hotel in/near the French Quarter. Take one of the swamp tours.

Cold weather and mountains suck!

Take along some wheat bread - oysters may be scarce this year.

This be a tongue in cheek post - sort of - although done well - you will encounter two forms of wildlife in one honeymoon.
'
Done both, more than once - long after the 'honeymoon' - they still worked.

heh heh heh heh

Jarhead* said:
Hot Damn, you are a Pip, Ha! :D  (And right as rain) :D

Well Jarhead, you know what they say about great minds thinking alike.  :)

Ha

Hey guys thanks for all the ummm.... suggestions...  :eek:

But what I was really asking about was adventures in Banff, Jasper, Vancover maybe....

All the rest of the honeymoon stuff I think we can handle on our own... ;)

Adventuregirl 8)

Cut-Throat said:
My wife and I went to Glacier Park and Waterton (Canadian Rockies) last summer.  Here is a link to some Photos I posted. Scenery as good as you'll find in this world!

http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=3745.0

Oh Cut-throat....those pictures are stunning, thanks for sharing...I'm moving the Canadian Rockies right up on the honeymoon list....It looks awsome!  :D

Adventuregirl

Adventuregirl said:
Hey guys thanks for all the ummm.... suggestions...  :eek:

But what I was really asking about was adventures in Banff, Jasper, Vancover maybe....

Not sure how familiar you are with the area but Whistler is a nice resorty place about 2 hrs. north of Vancouver. But I wouln't do both that and Banff in the same trip.

Correction, Whistler is an expensive resorty place north of Vancouver.

You will get better skiing in the Okanagan, Whistler is prone to rain.

2010 Olympics is in BC, you will all get a chance to see the sites.

Actually we're looking for not too touristy, pretty outdoorsy stuff....great scenery and dining......won't be ski season but we'd like to hike, bike, horseback ride, and kayak....

Adventuregirl

Banff/ Lake Louse will do the trick.

Heed Bear warnings, stay only in areas approved for hiking, there have been several bear attacks on Hikers who strayed.

Not sure about kayacking, but you can certainly white water if you desire.

Hot Springs at Radium are fun, do not be concerned about renting car, roads well maintained, but remember it is km/hr not miles, 100km/hr is about 60m.p.h.

An alternative is Vancouver Island, no Mountains but certainly you can do a lot of kayaking through beautiful scenery, whale watch, and take extensive bike tours.

A Ferry ride from Vancouver.

Back
Top Bottom