Any examples of Tariff's beginning to hit home?

Real life effect of tariff

Daughter’s washer died and when she went to replace it at a large box retailer, the price of foreign washers had increased $100. So in response to the market change, The US manufacturers also increased by the same $100. In the end the consumers pays either way.

Yes - I have a Huawei P20 phone. 1 year old. Which may not get any more security updates. And if so I have to get another phone much earlier than planned.

I won't go broke. But it's a hassle. And not very environmentally friendly to chuck a new phone.

Earlier I had a good laugh when Americans added tariffs to steel and aluminium imported from Norway because you find us to be a security risk.

Boo!

Google said that it would continue to support existing Huawei phones.

And for future phones, Huawei can use an open-source version of Android.

See: https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/20/...tes-phones-google-android-commerce-department

I have a bunch of stuff in my Amazon cart and several items went up around 10% today. Don't know if it's a coincidence but it's camping equipment mostly from Camco.

Ray

Welp, does it count as “beginning to hit home” if the sudden threat of tariffs against Mexico causes stocks to fall, which causes the Fed Chairman to say the Fed has investors’ backs, which causes the stock market to rise, which will next cause....?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom