Join Early Retirement Today

Any Feb 29 birthdays here?
Old 02-28-2016, 09:27 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Anybody here lucky (or not lucky) enough to be both on Feb 29?
Or have any close friends or family born on that day?
David1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Not me, but we'd expect about one in every 1,461 members to have a Feb 29th birthday.

(365 ⋅ 3) + 366 = 1461

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Our friends' DIL. She's 8 today.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:32 AM   #4

When I was young I knew a pair of twins born on this day. One used "the last day of Feb" to mark his birthday, the other used the actual date. So if they were together and the issue of age came up, one would say he was a lot older (or younger) than the other. Got lots of puzzled looks, which they loved.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I am celebrating with a friend this evening who claims he is 15 today.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

My late Dad was born on Feb. 29. I have been thinking a lot about him today. He would have been 23 today. I remember he got a laugh out of the fact he had 18 birthdays the same year his grand daughter had her 18th birthday.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
When I was a kid our next door neighbor had twins born on 2/29. One kid celebrated on 2/28 and the other 3/1 every year except leap year. That way each got their own BD party. Every leap year they enjoyed a joint BD. It seemed to work for that family.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

My best friend in high school was born on Feb 29, 1964, so I can say I knew at least someone with that b-day. Back in the early 1980s, we still had to register for the Selective Service on our "18th birthday" even though there was no military draft. My leap-year friend told me he was exempt because he had celebrated only 4 "birthdays" prior to his actually turning 18, not that I took him seriously.
Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:01 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I saw a story the other day about parents who were *trying* to have a baby on February 29. I guess it's along the line of all those unusual "boutique" names these days, wanting their child to be so "unique" in one way or another.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote