Any gourmet Ramen noodles cooks here?

Germonico

Recycles dryer sheets
Very lucky I did not live on Ramen noodles in college. However, in retirement, I have since used them as a quick lunch item accompanied by a toasted peanut butter sandwich and lots of hot sauce in the Ramen soup.

So local grocer had Ramen noodles on sale so I stocked up. I plan to not use the flavor packet and add frozen mixed vegetables to make a meal.

I know I can search for recipes to make a meal using Ramen as the base, but this forum provides better results than doing a search.

So guess I'm looking for Ramen recipes. Thanks.

For the dried noodles? No.

Fresh ramen noodles, soup stock (left over or Asian grocery sells small bite size pork ribs, sauté onions, brown, and boil). Toss in veggies at the end.

Boil noodles separate, strain and combine.

Make your own peppers - fresh chopped pepper, garlic, ginger. Some salt, sugar, and vinegar. Let sit in a jar in the fridge for a few days.

OK! I am a very patient cook. An addition here and there and then some mariniate time works for me.

I like a soft boiled egg, split, and put on the top of a cup of ramen. I use something called 'better than bouillon' to make the broth, and any odd bits of left over veg. It's a good breakfast if you like rich and savory.

This story had me re-think eating cheap Ramen. At least eat them in-frequently.

This Is What Happens In Your Stomach When You Eat Packaged Ramen Noodles - Simple Organic Life

There is plenty of evidence that “real food” raw, or lightly cooked, is healthier than processed food that contains a ton of preservatives. That said, this video proves absolutely nothing. Just clickbait. Best case, all it says is that it takes a little longer to process the food in the stomach - so what? Why is that necessarily any worse?

I don’t eat any grain products at all, so I don’t care much about Raman noodles one way or the other, but this video doesn’t prove anything. Heck, the guy who did the study admits he still eats Raman noodles himself!

add steamed or frozen veggies and a little protein (boiled egg/ a few shrimp/tofu along with some flavorings or a small amount of the flavor packet. Pretty quick, inexpensive meal!

Yes, we do add fresh vegetable to instant ramen noodle, such as sliced celery, snap pea, tomato, and some left-over meat if we have any. And we also use real broth if we have some, or a soup base like "Better Than Bouillon". We try not to use the included seasoning packet or use only 1/2 of it or less, because it is loaded with sodium.

We do not eat this very often, perhaps a couple of times a month. When traveling in Europe and staying in Airbnb, I would occasionally crave a bowl of ramen noodle for a simple meal, but Europeans do not eat ramen noodles like Americans do, and very few grocery stores carry it. I wonder why ramen noodle is more popular here.

Open packet. Throw away foil pouch.

Add noodles to cold water - bring to boil. Add a raw egg. When cooked, drain, add soy sauce and season to taste.

Just a few times per month.

Back
Top Bottom