anybody remember this

I was in love with Sherri Lewis :flowers:

Remember Rootie Kazootie, Kukla Fran and Olie, Winky Dink, Red Rider and Little Beaver, and Ding Dong School?

Cheers!

Yup, remember them all. I actually graduated from Ding Dong School.

I was in love with Sherri Lewis :flowers:

Remember Rootie Kazootie, Kukla Fran and Olie, Winky Dink, Red Rider and Little Beaver, and Ding Dong School?

Cheers!
Yes...I remember Kukla, Fran and Ollie. :greetings10:
But what is this Ding Dong School you speak of?
smiley-confused002.gif

I remember most of these except for the OPs neat frog. Everytime someone mentions "tin foil hat" I think that it must look like Tom Terrific's Thinking Cap.

Drawn in a simple style, it featured a gee-whiz boy hero, Tom Terrific, who lived in a treehouse and could transform himself into anything he wanted thanks to his magic, funnel-shaped "thinking cap," which also enhanced his intelligence.

tomterrific08.jpg

Fun thread--I forgot all about Tom Terrific! And that made me think of Gerald McBoing Boing....

The first TV show I saw was Beanie and Cecil. A family about a block away had a TV and they invited me and 2 brothers over every Friday evening to join their son in watching the weekly 15 minute puppet show. It was a special treat back then.

...and before there was Pee Wee Herman there was Pinky Lee! I suspect PWH stole his character from Pinky Lee.

Cheers!

I loved "Rocky and Bullwinkle" and "George of the Jungle". We didn't get a TV until 1959 and then only had one channel so I never saw a lot of the 50s stuff.

I have been love with "Lost in Space" since I first saw it in September 1965. The "Jupiter 2" was launched on the far-future date of October 16, 1997.

Attachments

• image-3982420570.png
    image-3982420570.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 78
Super Chicken's sidekick, Fred the Lion was a fave of mine. Many days still, the words echo...

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred".

I loved "Rocky and Bullwinkle" and "George of the Jungle". We didn't get a TV until 1959 and then only had one channel so I never saw a lot of the 50s stuff.
By the same people who did Crusader Rabbit. I bought a set of video tapes of R&B from Disney after they acquired the rights so my kids could enjoy them with me. The episodes with Clyde and Dibney and the scrootch gun were missing. The Sleeping Beauty one that lampooned Walt Disney was still there, though. That surprised me. Remember that Disney's lawyers sued Winnipeg for having a statue of Winnie the Pooh in their city. They gave it up when the public outcry became bad publicity. Duh.

By the same people who did Crusader Rabbit. I bought a set of video tapes of R&B from Disney after they acquired the rights so my kids could enjoy them with me. The episodes with Clyde and Dibney and the scrootch gun were missing. The Sleeping Beauty one that lampooned Walt Disney was still there, though. That surprised me. Remember that Disney's lawyers sued Winnipeg for having a statue of Winnie the Pooh in their city. They gave it up when the public outcry became bad publicity. Duh.
I'm familiar with the Winnie the Pooh statue. I live about 80 miles from Winnipeg.

Sure I remember Andy's Gang. Who remembers Rootie Kazootie, Kula Fran & Ollie, Rin Tin Tin, and Howdy Doodie.

Buffalo Bob used to go to my church when I was a kid and I was part of his peanut gallery way back when.

A favorite story from the era was Uncle Rob and his sudden departure from TV land. Uncle Rob had an afternoon children's show and the story was that he wanted a raise, but management told him to fly a kite. So Uncle Rob tells all the children to get mommy's best white sheet, and out of the exact middle, 'cause that's where real pirates get their flags, cut a square...

I didn't know about it. Another great reason to visit Winnipeg! Look at this Wikipedia article. Sounds like a neat place.

Winnipeg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes it is! I lived there for 21 years. Great arts scene, good community, very diverse, currently undergoing quite a revival including the return of NHL hockey. But winter is cold, damn cold!

Sure I remember Andy's Gang. Who remembers Rootie Kazootie, Kula Fran & Ollie, Rin Tin Tin, and Howdy Doodie.

Buffalo Bob used to go to my church when I was a kid and I was part of his peanut gallery way back when.

I wasn't part of the regular (if there was a regular) peanut gallery, but I was in the peanut gallery once and Buffalo Bob interviewed(?) me on television. I think it was because I was wearing a Howdy Doodie shirt. Can't remember what we talked about. My guess it wasn't very interesting. That's an educated guess.

I wasn't part of the regular (if there was a regular) peanut gallery, but I was in the peanut gallery once and Buffalo Bob interviewed(?) me on television. I think it was because I was wearing a Howdy Doodie shirt. Can't remember what we talked about. My guess it wasn't very interesting. That's an educated guess.

I don't think there was a permanent peanut gallery, as I was in it only a couple of times and did not get interviewed.

So is that how you made it to Hollywood?:D

Back
Top Bottom