Anyone a VAX/VMS administrator in a former life?

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
And I didnt even have to cheat by lying on the questions! :LOL:

Oh, I only lied in the spirit of geekiness. For example, I don't hook up with my guild at 1am, but I do enjoy a good fragfest with my BF2 clan around then. :)

wab said:
Oh, I only lied in the spirit of geekiness.   For example, I don't hook up with my guild at 1am, but I do enjoy a good fragfest with my BF2 clan around then.  :)

Fragfest :LOL: :LOL:

Geek potty talk: frag you! go defrag yourself! frag me harder!...

Well see, there ya go. No comparison between warcraft and bf2. Warcraft is for nerds. BF2 is for white collar soldier wannabees! :LOL:

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Check out my eight inch floppy...

Flaccid floppy really doesn't belong in the same sentence as eight inch (lol)

yeah, but after I stick it in your drive slot, with a little formatting the capacity will quadruple from 360 to 1200K...

Is nothing sacred? Who could have predicted that a thread about RAM, booting, and bit diddling would descend into pr0n?

pretty much anyone that posts here could have predicted that about any thread.

did you say "bit diddling"?

How about "wanna flip my front panel switches, baby? I'm octal..."

wab said:
Is nothing sacred?   

Absolutely nothing.

All things start to look phalic shaped to me when I stare long enough

cube_rat said:
All things start to look phalic shaped to me when I stare long enough

Freud: What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say "RAM?"
cube_rat: Oh, baby.

F: booting?
cr: Hmm, kinky!

F: floppy disk?
cr: Oh, it happens to everybody once in a while....

wab said:
Freud:  What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say "RAM?"
cube_rat: Oh, baby.

F: booting?
cr: Hmm, kinky!

F: floppy disk?
cr: Oh, it happens to everybody once in a while....

My semaphores are dangling

(I can't get semaphores out of my head :p, someone please help me)

REWahoo! said:
How Geeky Are You?
28, and proud not to be part of a pathetic crowd that equates cell phone photos with true geekiness.  I didn't see a single question about writing your own serial printer driver, either!

How many slackers do you suppose are googling the phrase "rabbit ears" to see if they're missing out on a TV trend?

wab said:
Anybody know of some high caliber SciFi worth reading?
What?  "Starship Troopers" doesn't make the "high caliber" grade?  I have a whole shelf of Heinlein and another of Asimov.

I don't care much for fantasy but I'm addicted to the hard stuff.  How about:
"Old Man's War" by John Scalzi,
The "Honor" series by David Weber (I like the political satire on Britain & the French Revolution),
"Market Forces", or "Altered Carbon", or "Broken Angels", & "Woken Furies" (WF is supposedly published by now but I haven't looked for it) by Richard Morgan, 
"The Truth Machine" or "The First Immortal" by James Halperin,
The "Giants" novels by James Hogan.

I scored a 47. Video games, cell phones, messaging -- that's not geeky, it's pop consumerism. They should have asked if you know about Bayer Filters, the type of microprocessor inside your cell phone, whether it has any floating point capability, and how much power it uses.

I got a 19. And I would take Bladerunner as my movie and Neuromancer as my book. :)

I scored a 51, I second JB's comments, 12 year old girls post their camera phone pics to "myspace". I had a problem with the T.V. series question, did they mean the old Battlestar Galactica or the new one? The new one is pretty cool....

I was just going to re-read that... great piece, the story of mel....

Your score is 15
0 to 29: Stuck in the Last Century

I took this test on a 28.8kb dial up line, it took forever !  I can't believe they assumed I had a cell phone !!!!

-helen

Geeky, but not nerdy (i.e no video games, don't read comic books, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom