Anyone at the march at the Capitol?

I told them it was a mistake to use the logic imprints from Farmer Bob's brain in those missiles...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I was also advised that our smart bombs are way too smart to kill regular people.
Sure, as long as you're equipped with your govt-supplied subcutaneous RFID tag, there's nothing to worry about!

Er, you are wearing yours, right? Step a couple feet to your left, will you? Oh, right, there you are. OK. Just be careful with that loofah...

Nah, I just live next to an AFB. I imagine they spend more time trying not to shoot themselves.

Perhaps an unwise decision.

The implication I was taking that from had to do with our use of the "smart" weaponry to surgically kill almost exclusively the Iraqi military and not their citizens.

Sort of an interesting line of thinking since we probably did more damage dropping 500lb "aid" packages on peoples homes. Funny one was the guy whose house was destroyed by a huge container of pop-tarts...who then fed them to his goats (or whatever) because he didnt care for them.

By the way, if you want some really varied and interesting stories, google "iraq house pop tarts". :LOL:

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
The implication I was taking that from had to do with our use of the "smart" weaponry to surgically kill almost exclusively the Iraqi military and not their citizens.

in this conflict the US is not going after Iraqi military, just trying to get the Iraqi military from running away w/ their hands in the air saying "are you kidding me? i'm not stupid, see ya later!"

- but civilian clad "insurgents" who are indistinguishable from regular folk...so whenever the news says X# insurgents were killed today - i wonder how they have any idea...

bright eyed said:
- but civilian clad "insurgents" who are indistinguishable from regular folk...so whenever the news says X# insurgents were killed today - i wonder how they have any idea...
I remember the body counts from Vietnam. My understanding was that if it was a body, they would count it.

I love some of the 'stat collecting' being done over there.

Did you know that if an 'insurgent' fires a gun or rocket at US troops and misses, its not counted as an attack or in any other stat for that matter? I didnt know they had mulligans in war stats...

I heard there was an inquiry some time ago about the funny stat business over there. Not sure I heard if they decided to 'fix' it or if its still that way.

Yep, there's a real desperation (on both sides of the issue in the US) for "objective" measures that can be used to prove their position ("we're winning", "we're losing" etc). I think the bean count of insurgent/terrorist attacks is among the least useful, but the count of insurgents killed is a close second. I'd be interested n some genuine measures of Iraqi public sentiment and some figures on economic trends there (especially in sectors not directly benefitted by the US presence. An uptick in car sales doesn't mean things are getting better for Iraqis if 90% of sales are to US contractors).

I also like how many civilian contractors are in Iraqi. For $100K a year, it looks a lot more profitable to work for an outfit like Blackwater. Of course, any death don't count towards the official total. And the contractors don't have to be Americans.

Back
Top Bottom