Anyone Ever Use ABF Freight (U-Pack) To Move Household Goods-Relocation?

Sconie

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone ever use ABF Freight and their trailer service to relocate from one part of the U.S. to another? All things considered, their rates look relatively reasonable---especially as compared to regular moving companies. TIA!

My brother-in-law used them to move from Michigan to Tennessee. They were pleased and have recommended the service to others. I can't offer much more detail, however.

May I suggest you look at movingscam.com. They will help you alot. It's free, by the way.

I used their service on a move across the country. It was fast, easy and economical. I took 2 days packing everything up myself so the only person I had to blame if something was damaged was me!

I'd highly recommend it!

My BIL/SIL used it and were happy. I looked into it, but we just have too much stuff (IIRC, it was cheaper to rent a Ryder truck for the amount we had, plus we got a dolly for pulling one of our vehicles). I think if you've got less stuff, don't want to drive the truck yourself, and you want to be in control of the packing/unpacking, that it would make sense.

Remember that an ABF trailer is high, both the floor and the ceiling. As the professional movers say, one good way to minimize damage (and save money on the rental) is to "pack it tight". Sometimes it takes some creativity to find a way to use the upper space. Light boxes with less breakable stuff (lamp shades, etc) work well. If you use standard-size boxes (such as used by movers) it will be easier to use the space efficiently. You may be able to get these free from folks who recently moved.

We used them to move from Indiana to Nevada and couldn't have been more pleased. You pay by the foot of used space and are asked to estimate what you'll need, but you will only pay for what you actually use. We also used packing companies to load and unload but I can't recall how we found them. Perhaps it was through the ABF website. People from drivers to office people were pleasant to deal with. All in all a good experience.

We used a ReloCube from ABF to move my son's stuff across the country to grad school. They were prompt, reliable and it let us store everything in the "cube" until we were ready for it to be delivered. It worked out well-I would use them again.

Friend of ours used them, for a good price. I used a couple vacation days to help them unload and unpack. Nothing was broken, but then again, they packed and loaded it well, themselves. I would consider using them myself, if I had someone to help load the truck, and the time to pack things well, days and weeks in advance. If you don't have the time, and friends (or a paid service) to help, it may not be a great idea.

R

Back
Top Bottom