Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Anyone remember Nords?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Early-Retirement.org Founder
Developer of FIRECalc

Anyone remember Nords?

He asked me to tell everyone he's having computer problems, and will be back soon...

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
dory36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Anyone remember Nords?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Thank heavens he'll be back!

I need the clarity of his posts to erase the recent deluge of scrambled spams from my brain...although I've been having great laughs* at the board's responses to them.
flipstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:25 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Lets see Nords has been gone...someone elses just started...Nords is really smart....may know how to use scramblizer...maybe Nords is ...

Naw, too hard to contemplate.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Those posts more closely resembled h**** in both clarity and profundity... :

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:52 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakers
Lets see Nords has been gone...someone elses just started...Nords is really smart....may know how to use scramblizer...maybe Nords is ...
Good to be back. (If I was so smart I never would have dropped off in the first place.) It's startling to realize how much honey-do free time I'd have on my hands if I didn't have this board or my *&^$ing computer.

In case this happens to you, I lost the board on Sunday morning (of course I was in the middle of composing deathless prose for another timeless post). I thought it was a server glitch but the board didn't come up for hours. By that night I'd decided to unplug & reset my DSL modem again because "it worked last time".

I don't know how often Verizon resets its DSL IP addresses, but the new IP address I ended up with was on the server's "banned" list because of previous hacker attempts. After many hours of browser troubleshooting & resets I e-mailed Dory and he fixed it right up. The next step would've been a complete WinXP restore and a Firefox download so I was glad that I asked for help. I'm also happy to know that the problem was NOT the Microsoft anti-spyware beta that I'd downloaded just 48 hours before.

Speaking of inappropriate posts, how soon we forget good ol' whatisname. I was rudely reminded of it when I was scanning Greaney's board for possible news of this board's server problems, and ***** is one big reason that I prefer this board.

So you other spammers, trolls, flamers, & blogger-floggers-- you know who you are-- are being made unwelcome for a very good reason. This board has survived the world's worst troll, a status you have no hope of ever achieving, and we have no further patience for anyone of your ilk. You're dragging down the community environment that we've worked so hard to achieve, and if you feel that a few of us are being unreasonaby demanding about keeping the status quo then you're absolutely right. We didn't get here by buying whatever you're trying to sell, and if it worked for anyone else then you'd be doing that instead of trying to persuade us to be losers too. We're here to answer your questions and to offer our support-- not to support your money-making schemes. If you feel strongly about that then go try for sympathy at Greaney's board or, better yet, go start your own board. We got here first.

Believe it or not, most (if not all) of your burning FI/ER issues have been addressed in one of the 60,000 posts already present. If you're willing to take the time to use the search feature, read a few posts, see an inside joke or two, & figure out what's going on before you start your own conversation, then welcome! You're exactly the kind of dog 13-year-old person this community wants to hear from. Just don't try to sell us something and no one's feelings will get hurt.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Well said.