Anyone still listen to OTA radio?

I listen to NPR in the car. Occasionally try to listen to other stations, but, they are just ads with a little bit of non-ad content thrown in. I can't take it for very long until I turn it off or go back to NPR.
Me, too. Now if only NPR would get rid of that up-talking commercial announcer. :cool:

Why isn't there a "DVR" for the car radio? I guess it would be a "DAR".

My pickup truck has a cassette tape player in it and I still have some tapes I recorded from vynil records 30+ years ago. They work fine. Not digital though.

Had 3 free months of satellite radio when we got our used car, it was OK but I prefer OTA radio. Perhaps if I lived in a rural area where the options were much fewer I would feel differently. And on the rare occasions when I have a very long drive and I happen to be in an area where the OTA options are not of interest, I hook up the music on my phone.

Normally I only listen to OTA radio. But last Fall right before I took a road trip out west I signed up for a 5 month satellite deal at $5/mo. That will expire soon and won't re-up. But I have to admit, satellite radio really made my driving time pass by a lot quicker. Enjoyed a lot of music channels I normally don't hear plus lot's of sports talk shows. But for just riding around town, not worth the price.....especially at the regular rate.

In the car, or on a job site when I am turning or rehabbing a property, OTA is the only way to go.

I am still not sure why anyone would ever pay for radio.

Up here in the mountains, OTA isn't so good so I pay for it. Besides, I get all the football games! :D

Back
Top Bottom