Anyone use Quicken 2006?

cube_rat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I hope someone here is Quicken savvy. :D I have question about entering in my 401k investments. Okay, so I set-up a new account, add the total shares and current market value for each fund (I'll set-up cost basis later). Quicken then calculates the total value. Cash register sound goes off yet my investment funds are not calculated in the investment summary (says 401k $0.00) nor is my net worth increased. Does anyone have a clue as to what I did wrong?

Thanks

This is the forum I use for Quicken questions.

If the total value of that account isn't zero, then make sure that the report you created includes that account.

I haven't upgraded to Q2006 -- I'll wait for the second release.

Cube_rat -

TA is correct, your report needs to be 'customized' - bring up the report, hit the "Customize" button in the top right of the "report" window and set up the parameters of this particular report including Accounts, Securities, Security types, etc.  That process is used for all reports and most screens in Quicken. 

I've used Quicken since "Managing Your Money" stopped being upgraded.  Quicken has a steep learning curve for the beginner;  just get your data in and play with it until you realize what it is doing, then later add more accounts and it will track most of your finances.

I'll get Q2006 and TurboTax bundles at the Thanksgiving and Christmas sales for $30 or less after rebate...

JohnP

I use an older version of Quicken, but here are a couple of things that occasionally trip me up:

1. Check the dates on your transactions. It's possible that if you put the dates in the future, Quicken doesn't include them in your net worth.

2. Check the price history on your investments in your 401(k). It's possible you might have some zeros entered in there for some reason, and Q may be using those zeros as the current price.

malakito

Back
Top Bottom