Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Anyone watching Narcos on Netflix?
Old 09-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Anyone watching Narcos on Netflix?

Netflix original 10 part mini drama based on Pablo Escobar's empire just started streaming. Lots of historical accuracy, violence and lots of subtitles, but it is very well done. Not 1 actor that I've ever seen before but the acting is superb, especially the guy who plays Escobar. This cartel was taking in 60 million dollars a day at one point. The scope of it was staggering.

One more episode to go for us.... we know how it will end, but getting there has been a great ride.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

I love the S. Florida references. I lived there in the early eighties. They didn't call them the cocaine cowboys for nothing, it was the wild west. When I was young I was fearless, now I shudder when I think about those days.
Olbidness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the reminder about this series, Tailgate. I've been thinking about signing up for Netflix for a month or two for a good bit of old-fashioned binge-watching. The trouble is, you can't browse Netflix to see what's on there unless you're already signed up. I'm sure the selection has changed greatly since I was last on it a year or so ago.

Knowing that Narcos is up and running gives me enough incentive to sign up.

Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:35 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

There is a Netflix thread here. Also check rotten tomatoes and whatsonnetflix for sections on netflix. A twitter feed to follow is @iw_popular.
I'll have to queue Narcos. Sounds very good.
target2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:41 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

After being sucked into "Breaking Bad" (and loving every minute of it) I made a pledge never again to watch a series based on the "drug trade." I find it too frustrating to watch a "manufactured" cat and mouse game crated by the politics of the drug culture and it's also manufactured "war" on dugs. I would present my fool-proof "solution" to the drug "problem" but it would quickly smell of bacon here in ER land. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

I got a notification from netflix about this series - will check it out
Old 09-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Narcos are a very popular SpanishTV series theme. La Reina del Sur was spectacular! - I think that's also available on Netflix. But that was enough for me.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #8

We are really enjoying Narcos on Netflix. I lived in Medellin before and so I am loving the history aspects and the neighborhood scenes.
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote