As a distraction from today's market crash...

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
How about a few pics from my vacation? Had a good time, not surprisingly.

47b8dd25b3127cce98548ef0eb9100000027100DbtHLZmyYu

47b8dd25b3127cce98548efaeb9b00000027100DbtHLZmyYu

47b8dd25b3127cce98548ee2eb8300000027100DbtHLZmyYu

47b8dd25b3127cce98548ee56ab400000027100DbtHLZmyYu

Nice pics- thanks for sharing. Looks like a relaxed Daddie and daughter moment too. :)

Ha

Brewer, what's that huge greenish-gray thing in the second photo? I suspect it's a rock, but it could be a steaming pile of rotted sub-prime mortgages that washed up on the beach. Just curious...

Brewer, what's that huge greenish-gray thing in the second photo? I suspect it's a rock, but it could be a steaming pile of rotted sub-prime mortgages that washed up on the beach. Just curious...

Its a mass of man-eating algae that died after trying to consume a Ron Paul supporter. Choked on the tinfoil helmet.

(Its a rock)

Whew! After reading the title, I had to go look. The Dow is still over 12K, though, so it doesn't seem all that bad.

Is that you with your daughter? Looks like the two of you are having lots of fun. :) What beautiful photos, especially the first one.

Yup, that's my older daughter. Pic was taken right before a full scale meltdown because she couldn't go swimming in that water (full of rocks).

How did your fishing trip go?

Struck out, aside from a barracuda ("bluefish of the southern seas"). It wasn't the guide's fault; they just weren't there. But I had a good time anyway and got to see a beautiful part of the island.

Bueatiful pictures. I'm sorry to hear the fishing was not good but that is why they call it fishing and not catching! The trip really can be more fun than the catching.

that looks wonderful, brewer. it is getting more difficult by the day for me to think up reasons why i shouldn't be living off that coast in a sailboat to enjoy the likes of those views every day.

Thanks for posting! I was feeling pretty depressed due to the outrageously cold winter here in MN (I think this morning was 6 degrees). I'm closing my eyes and pretending I'm in the tropics. :)

Welcome back-- I was wondering what happened to the buying support for bank stocks! Bernanke seemed at a loss for words last week, too-- must've been out of cell-phone range.

The Dow is still over 12K, though, so it doesn't seem all that bad.
Oh, thanks a lot, jinx. We all remember what happened last year after you started crowing about Dow 13,000...

Either that or it was all my buying yesterday. Since we're all in now, the market will only drop another 8-10%. No telling when it'll recover, though.

Oh, thanks a lot, jinx. We all remember what happened last year after you started crowing about Dow 13,000...

Either that or it was all my buying yesterday. Since we're all in now, the market will only drop another 8-10%. No telling when it'll recover, though.

:2funny: It's tough to be an optimist when the market is so volatile this year! But as somebody said, look at it as a series of opportunities... :)

And are you SURE you're all in? Maybe you'll find a little extra $$ somewhere. You never know! Bet you don't have your tax refund yet. :D

Ah yes greed , lust, fear, passion. I know behavioral investing is all the rage, subject of academic study now and all that.

But we're all steely eyed rational investors on this forum - Riiiight??

heh heh heh - it's da hormones - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. After all I do have 15% invested in er ah hobby stocks as it were. If I wish to sound more rational - I mention the dividends.

Last edited:
Ah yes greed , lust, fear, passion. I know behavioral investing is all the rage, subject of academic study now and all that.

But we're all steely eyed rational investors on this forum - Riiiight??

heh heh heh - it's da hormones - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. After all I do have 15% invested in er ah hobby stocks as it were. If I wish to sound more rational - I mention the dividends.

I'm not exactly steely eyed and rational (you figured me out! :2funny:).

But when things look bad I just focus on the 1-2% of my assets that I let myself play with and do what I want with. Sort of like your hobby stocks, though mine are in mutual funds.

BTW - lest I drift too far from the thread - nice pictures.

heh heh heh - looks warmer than Kansas right now!

And are you SURE you're all in? Maybe you'll find a little extra $$ somewhere. You never know! Bet you don't have your tax refund yet. :D
Eh, I've fallen into that trap before, I'm not putting any more spare change into the market, and this time I really mean it... no matter how good Central Pacific Bank's (CPF) dividend looks...

No chance of a tax refund this year and we'll be paying a good bit up front next month for estimated taxes too. In fact I set money aside from all the rebalancing to pay the rest of 2008's taxes as well. I don't want to have to sell more equities next year for that sort of tax planning.

Eh, I've fallen into that trap before, I'm not putting any more spare change into the market, and this time I really mean it... no matter how good Central Pacific Bank's (CPF) dividend looks...

Tee-hee! Resistance is futile... :D

No chance of a tax refund this year and we'll be paying a good bit up front next month for estimated taxes too. In fact I set money aside from all the rebalancing to pay the rest of 2008's taxes as well. I don't want to have to sell more equities next year for that sort of tax planning.

Yuck. Sorry 'bout that. Oh well. I'll bet you could find quite a bit hidden under the sofa cushions or under the driver's seat in your car (not to mention that handy mayonnaise jar full of change by the door), or you could always sell your whateverthatwas that you didn't really want, on Craigslist... :angel:

Back
Top Bottom