Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Assault with a ....well I just can't type it.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Assault with a ....well I just can't type it.

Meet The Illinois Woman Arrested For Assaulting Cop With A Sex Toy | The Smoking Gun
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

My state of residence banned the sale of sex toys a couple of years ago. Now I know why... They represent a threat to public safety!
FIREd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Love this comment:

Quote:
"Rigid feminine pleasure device?" That's not a sex toy; that's a credit card!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

She's going to be really popular in prison.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #5

Just when you think you've heard everything...
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I hope the officer was able to take a shower or at least had some sanitizer on hand....
Old 11-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #7

Want fries with that?

Sex toy drive-thru: Alabama shop to offer window service | al.com
Old 11-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #8

Seems like any contact with a police officer can be interpreted as assault.

Going to be an interesting trial.

Speaking of trials, I was once in a jury pool for a trial where the charge was assaulting a police officer with a hat. Was deselected because a cow*rker at the time was in the same pool. The guy was acquitted.

Served on two juries and in the jury pool several times and never once was asked for ID.
Rustward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

During the past couple of years several local cops have been killed by crazy criminals. This has led to a very large number of what really do appear to be triggy happy cop incidents ("officer involved shootings"). The most recent, and most bizarre, is a local alky street fixture AmericanIndian who was shot and killed by a policeman because he had a carving knife. (He was an Indian carver, who would sit in the park and do his work) Apparently from all reports, he was standing still, doing nothing but listening to his headphones, and he was shot from a 90 degree angle, 4 times as I recall. The officer was reported advancing on the carver, gun pointed at him. According to said policeman he fired because the shooting victim refused to drop the knife. According to his family, he was partially deaf, and no one disputes that he was wearing headphones. It is very easy for me to imagine that the old man had no idea what the policeman wanted, and certainly had no clue that the was in mortal danger or that this young, well armed cop could have somehow imagined that he or any bystander was in jeopardy. No witness reports have in any way corroborated the cop's account.

The most recent interesting bit of evidence recetly supplied was that his knife, a legal folding knife with a blade shorter than the legal limit of 2 3/4", was closed at the time of his killing.

I know that police have to be hyperalert, because many people are armed, and many are nuts or otherwise impaired. But I think that citizens should not have to fear psycho over-fearful cops more than other citizens on the street.

My worry is that similarly frightened police may not be able to differentiate my folded shorty umbrella from a sawed off shotgun, and will murder me like this cop appears to have murdered this unthreatening, unarmed, old man.

Ha
Old 11-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

This thread can't be considered complete until Leonidas, Walt34, and Lets-Retire have shared their own "rigid feminine pleasure device" misdemeanor-arrest stories...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
This thread can't be considered complete until Leonidas, Walt34, and Lets-Retire have shared their own "rigid feminine pleasure device" misdemeanor-arrest stories...
From the one of the comments in the story.

Quote:
Rigid feminine pleasure device?" That's not a sex toy; that's a credit card!
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote