At what age did you retire? (retire=NO paycheck)

At what age did you retire? (retire = NO paycheck)

• below age 45

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • 45 to 50

Votes: 57 11.9%
  • 51 to 55

Votes: 121 25.4%
  • 56 to 60

Votes: 147 30.8%
  • 61 to 65

Votes: 61 12.8%
  • above 65

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • not yet retired (includes semi-retired, etc.)

Votes: 60 12.6%

• Total voters
Retired April 2020 at age 56.

My first pension check hit my bank account on Friday. No turning back now.

It’s getting late on Sunday afternoon and since retirement is so new I still have that dreaded feeling of a work week ahead. Might take a while to adjust my mind to the new retiree lifestyle.

Its been 16 years this April. Wow, I can't believe its been this long, seems like yesterday. I retired at 49 yr old.

Me 64, her 21 years ago she took on stay at home Mom job. My view on retiring early has changed. I retired from a job I loved. Paid well, allowed me to be creative, worked from home anytime I wanted. As much as I loved the job I lost a colleague at work who told me, before she passed “retire Ray” she was right it was time.

Retired April 2020 at age 56.

My first pension check hit my bank account on Friday. No turning back now.

It’s getting late on Sunday afternoon and since retirement is so new I still have that dreaded feeling of a work week ahead. Might take a while to adjust my mind to the new retiree lifestyle.

Good luck with your new lifestyle! It’s been 20 years retirement for me at 34 and still feel like I’m getting away with something everyday.

49!! 6 months shy of my 50th birthday-and the goal had been 50. Happy to be here!

Planned to go by 55 and punched out early at 54.5. Feel so lucky and blessed to be enjoying RE the last 1.5 years. Cannot even imagine going to w*rk again for a paycheck with all the BS that comes with being employed by a mega Corp.

Back
Top Bottom