ATT Unauthorized Online Access

MRG

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Received a letter on Saturday saying there was Unauthorized access to my Online ATT account and my Customer Proprietary Network Information(CPNI)!

Amoungst all the weasel words they say I must change my password. Great but what ATT account? I've had many over the years. I quit doing business with ATT last year because of all the confusion about what service we're talking about. I've seen few organizations as messed up as they are.

A call on Saturday with a person I can't understand leads me to believe they need to escalate to another area. This morning the phone rings at 7:30AM! I'm enjoying my nap and don't get up.

Sure enough there's a voice mail from AT&T. I can barely hear the speaker and only get 866 as part of the phone number. This guy completely blows by the number and ticket number I need to contact him. I called the original number and get a helpful gal. She doesn't know how to get hold of this group either. After a while on hold she gets a tech on the phone and he and I chat.

Nice guy, but he's not allowed to explain why my closed account was accessed. After a while he says there's nothing wrong with your account, we sent this letter out in error!

I'm glad I don't have AT&T but why won't they leave me alone?

Yea, ATT seems like a basket case...

They seemed to had changed my mothers account and two checks that went to them was not applied to her 'new' account.... when I called their phone info bank they told us we had two accounts, but when I talked to a person they always insisted we had one...

We sent in proof of payment for those 'missed' checks (which they got the money) but did nothing... we had our bank send proof of payment and again they did nothing...

They sent it to collections but collections does not want to talk to me and is not interested in proof of payment...

I will not be going back to them for any reason unless I am forced to do so.... but if 5G is as fast as I heard someone say this morning I am sure I will go full cell before I go back to them....

Received a letter on Saturday saying there was Unauthorized access to my Online ATT account and my Customer Proprietary Network Information(CPNI)!

Amoungst all the weasel words they say I must change my password. Great but what ATT account? I've had many over the years. I quit doing business with ATT last year because of all the confusion about what service we're talking about. I've seen few organizations as messed up as they are.

I haven't seen the letter you received, but this sounds like it could be a scam. Do they provide a link to change your password in the letter and if so is it part of the att.com domain?

If it was legit they could invalidate your password on their end and force a reset the next time you try to sign in.

To clarify, was this a letter received via US Mail and not an email?

Last edited:
I haven't seen the letter you received, but this sounds like it could be a scam. Do they provide a link to change your password in the letter and if so is it part of the att.com domain?

If it was legit they could invalidate your password on their end and force a reset the next time you try to sign in.

To clarify, was this a letter received via US Mail and not an email?

A snail mail from AT&T. No links provides other than AT&T.COM. I have terminated all relationships with them due to a lack of ability for them to recognize our household as one. Actually I tried to explain our e-mail(They're snail mail said they may have emailed me) on file was no longer accessible by me, the gal said she couldn't change it.

The only relationship with AT&T I still have is some how they are involved in my Direct TV. If I knew I had other options I wouldn't have that relationship.

I honestly don't want to do business with them. I left after many years because they can't seem to treat me as an entity. I'm MRG that may have multiple relationships with them, but they can't treat me as a single household.

Last time I asked to be transferred internally they explained they couldn't. Just call back our 800 number and spend an hour in our confusing VRU application trying to guess the department you want to talk with.

The only relationship with AT&T I still have is some how they are involved in my Direct TV.

Well, they own it.

But big corporations screw up on a daily basis, so don't take it personally.

Not long ago I got a phone call from a company I do business with. They were concerned because I hadn't answered the emails they sent me. Never got them, so I asked when they were sent. Checked all my spam filters and found nothing.

Two days later I got a snail mail from them, and the next day another snail mail, same topic.

They had intended to send emails but sent snail mails instead, and didn't realize it. :facepalm:

I don't think companies do a clean up after you change providers.

I had ATT a couple years back. Swtiched to Comcast for my internet. But I can still sign on and check and write email from my old internet account. You'd think once cancelled, the email should get shut off. But I guess too that would be a long task as so many folks probably dance around with different providers.

Of course, I wouldn't use my ATT email for stuff anyhow for fear of it getting shut off since no longer use their internet :(. Better safe than sorry.

They've called to confirm, you no longer have an account and shouldn't have received the letter from us. He went on to say if I received more, here's our online support phone number. Tells me thanks for being a valued AT&T customer!

Well go figure.

I once had an account with Logmein.com so I could monitor a remote computer. Got rid of both the account and the computer years ago, but there was no way to close the account, you just stopped paying for it.

Today, years later, I still get an email from them two or three times a year telling me that someone has attempted to get in to that account. What a waste of electrons.

LOL :) I've got 2 att email addresses. Spoke to someone who said they'd close the inactive one (closed 2014) but it linked up to my Gmail and is still there. Yeah they don't close them down

Back
Top Bottom