ATT Video Bill Mistake?

CRLLS

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I received an eMail from ATT about a new video explanation of my bill. I just left ATT Cell service last week but still have their Internet service. I clicked on the link in the eMail to see the video. The page said it was for ATT TV services, called me by name in the video and within the video, had a link to my account. Problem was that the Video said I had a $320 bill due this month. No way. I spent over half an hour on their chat line with no avail. "It must be from another ATT service, not us" they said. "We have several different TV services. I need to know who sent this to you so I know where to send you". I ended the chat.

So I called a live person today. They confirmed that the video was theirs. They were bombarding (their words, not mine) customers with these videos explaining new customers about their 1st bill. "I do not have, nor recently sign up for any TV service", I said. Well it must be a clerical error then. They checked my account, as I did, and didn't see any strange amounts or new services. WTF? Nothing to do.

Anyone else see this recently?

Wait until you are presented the bill for payment. The video was not the bill.

I understand. If something was "off" I wanted to nip it in the bud before things got out of hand. The video already said that I had not paid the previous month's bill. I guess that really didn't work for me. The ATT businesses are so fragmented, nobody knows anything unless it fits their little domain.

One of the problems with retirement is that I have the time to track things down. So I do.

Every time I change my AT&T Uverse (usually during the yearly negotiation dance), I get an email to review my video of my new bill.

I started watching once and stopped after a minute. It was mind numbing.

Basically, some customer experience exec somewhere had this great idea to feed people a video to "improve" their experience. They probably farmed the work out to the lowest overseas bidder. You get what you pay for, which includes problems such as spurious bills. And as you mentioned, AT&T has so many silos they can't keep track of each other.

Ignore the video, pay attention to the actual paper bill. Check your account regularly the next few weeks. It is a pain, but probably your best bet on making sure this is a glitch.

I'm betting the video is just a bug in their billing aggregation. I actually liked it better when each of their silos had separate sign ons. Ever since they started trying to consolidate, things are sometimes weird.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom