Bacon Flowchart

Glad to be of service, m'am.

Large ramekins can take two eggs or more eggs, but you might need to cook them longer. Some folks saute some vegetables like peppers or onions and spoon a bit of that into the bottom of the ramekin before cracking the eggs in. You can also cut a 2" round out of the middle of thick bread and use that as a mold for the eggs, or even bake them in a hollowed out tomato.

Emeril of course, goes nuts: Old Fashioned Shirred Eggs Recipe: Recipes: Food Network

Someone here also kicked in a recipe for the er forum cookbook that involved an omelet bar where everyone put what meats/vegetables they wanted into a little plastic bag, some beaten eggs were added and the bags were dropped into a large pan of boiling water, producing a large number of individual omelets all at once.

For large scale breakfast feeding with minimal aggravation, try this one. Breakfast "strata" made up the night before and thrown in the oven in the morning.

* 8 eggs
* 3 cups white bread torn up
* 3 cups cooked cubed ham, sausage or bacon
* 8 oz. grated cheese
* 3 Tablespoons all-pourpose flour
* 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
* 3 Tablespoons butter
* 3 cups milk

In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the following: eggs, seasonings, butter and milk. Set aside.

In a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan, layer bread cubes, ham cubes and cheese. Pour ingedients from the mixing bowl over everything. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, take it out about 30 minutes in advance and then bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes until lightly browned. Let set at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.

You may also add cooled sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers or asparagus in addition to or in place of the meat.

CFB - I took your advice and my relatives have decided that maybe I'm not such a disaster in kitchen.

I put some chopped (canned) artichoke hearts and blob of boursin in the bottom of each dish and they turned out great. I flopped them over onto a toasted english muffin half and left the dish covering the egg (on the muffin) and served them. All they had to do was pull off the dish and drool.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• baked eggs.jpg
    baked eggs.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 8
This version has the ramekins lined with prosciutto, some sauteed mushrooms at the bottom, baked egg on top. The prosciutto crisps up and retains the cup shape.

Attachments

• Bakedeggs.jpg
    Bakedeggs.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 239
Wow, I am glad the living cheap thread brought me back here. This ramekin stuff sounds great for breakfasts at the weekend cottage. I thought a ramekin was a condom.

Ahhh - fellow bacon aficionados!! You guys are the best! Thank you CFB for the flow chart :)

So CFB if things don't work out in ER you can always open a restaurant that features some of your recipes.:D:D:D

So CFB if things don't work out in ER you can always open a restaurant that features some of your recipes.:D:D:D

The LAST thing I want to do is get involved in a restaurant. I worked in a couple when I was younger and the only job that seemed to suck more than mine was the owners. :p

I figured you'd draw the line at the traditional hamburger patties & brown gravy so I tried something more modern. More upbeat. More Texan.

Looks great to me...no beans! (Those dark spots are raisins, right?)
Well, OK, more modern. More upbeat.

Gosh, you're right, they couldn't be kidney beans so they must be extra specially-carved chili peppers...

I just wanna know if theres spam in it.
Better still, maybe I dont wanna know...
Hey hey hey, I'll have you know that real cooks & chefs & professional food makers travel thousands of miles for that cuisine, in the middle of Mainland winter no less!

Mixed Plate « The Tasty Island

After a breakfast that good you have to eat manapua for lunch-- and Thai food takeout for dinner!

Hawaii Diner - Review: Phuket Thai in Mililani - Good Thai Food in a Stylish Setting

OK, sorry to intrude, I'll let you cooks get back into the kitchen.

Nah, thats okay. We have to see stuff from one end of the scale so we know whats at the other end when we see it ;)

A small town outside of College Station serves 'Chicken Fried Bacon and Cream Gravy'

A dish only your heart surgeon could love! It actually pretty good!

I'm ready for a "Baconator"........from Wendy's...........

Back
Top Bottom