Bacon Flowchart

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
It seems crucial to post this important decision making tool at this juncture.

img_592455_0_3a5098cca623af951c00d4a70f98b909.jpg

You may need to revisit that epitaph post.....

"But he really LOVED bacon....."

:D

Knowing that I just made a hundred people go off and make bacon is enough of a reward.

It seems crucial to post this important decision making tool at this juncture.

img_592469_0_3a5098cca623af951c00d4a70f98b909.jpg

A fellow traveler. DH and I are members of the bacon of the month club. We can relate. Thanks for the photo...truly a thing of beauty.

Bacon on a fork

I took the following off the 'net while surfing:

Attach a slice of bacon, preferably thin sliced, to a fork, piercing near the end of the slice with the rest of the bacon dangling. Have a plate ready.

Using a bic lighter, apply a flame to the dangly end of the bacon until a flame is established and it becomes self sustaining. Keep moving the bacon with the fork to fan the flame a little and keep it going, while concurrently preventing it from growing too large. Watch out for flying globs of hot bacon fat. As the bacon "cooks", the flame will travel up the slice in search of more combustible fat. When the flame from the bacon has reached the fork and the bacon is largely cooked, blow it out and drop the slice on a plate.

Repeat process, eating the cooked slice while cooking the second.

When you get good at this, you can go with two forks and light the raw strip from the cooked one, "chain bacon burning" is a much revered talent.

After a bit of consideration, you may identify many other food products that due to a fat/oil content or sufficiently dry and combustible elements...can also be lit on fire and cooked or crisped independent of any cooking apparatus.:duh:

I took the following off the 'net while surfing:

Attach a slice of bacon, preferably thin sliced, to a fork, piercing near the end of the slice with the rest of the bacon dangling. Have a plate ready.

Using a bic lighter, apply a flame to the dangly end of the bacon until a flame is established and it becomes self sustaining. Keep moving the bacon with the fork to fan the flame a little and keep it going, while concurrently preventing it from growing too large. Watch out for flying globs of hot bacon fat. As the bacon "cooks", the flame will travel up the slice in search of more combustible fat. When the flame from the bacon has reached the fork and the bacon is largely cooked, blow it out and drop the slice on a plate.

Repeat process, eating the cooked slice while cooking the second.

When you get good at this, you can go with two forks and light the raw strip from the cooked one, "chain bacon burning" is a much revered talent.

After a bit of consideration, you may identify many other food products that due to a fat/oil content or sufficiently dry and combustible elements...can also be lit on fire and cooked or crisped independent of any cooking apparatus.:duh:

Gee, I wonder who wrote that... ? :)

Maybe there is a correlation between people who manage ER, and People Who Love Pork?

Most of my friends have no money, and eat no pork. They eat stuff like BST free yogurt and shade grown, free trade seed pods.

Whereas people on this board are rich or near rich, and feed freely on bacon, sausage, pork chops and roasted loins. Not to mention pork rinds at midnight.

What's up with this? Oops, got go, my Jimmie Dean Hot Pork sausage needs turning. :)

Ha

I love the thought of bacon, the scent of bacon cooking and the eating of said bacon.

20 minutes after consumption, I'm running around the house like a crazy woman with the air freshener. :p

I love the thought of bacon, the scent of bacon cooking and the eating of said bacon.

20 minutes after consumption, I'm running around the house like a crazy woman with the air freshener. :p

My son came over a few mornings ago- he said, "Man, this whole building smells like yummy bacon." Thanks to Ha. ;)

Ha

Yep. That's why I try to do all our bacon cooking on the gas grill...

For some unexplicable reason I don't like bacon. I like all other commonly eatin meat just not bacon. I can eat a dozen sausage links in a sitting but not more than half of one piece of bacon.

My son came over a few mornings ago- he said, "Man, this whole building smells like yummy bacon." Thanks to Ha. ;)

Ha

Maybe you could get him one of these?

Attachments

• bacon.jpg
    bacon.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,096
Ah bacon. Every week I go by the local diner and get a plate of eggs over easy with bacon. DW orders bacon but doesn't eat it. A portion of hers goes on my English Muffin sandwich style. The remainder goes to the dogs who are impatiently waiting outside.

My favorite morning of the week. Screw the sat fat - Lipitor takes care of that.

Last edited:
For some unexplicable reason I don't like bacon. I like all other commonly eatin meat just not bacon. I can eat a dozen sausage links in a sitting but not more than half of one piece of bacon.

You just havent had good bacon yet. ;)

img_592728_0_815ba78dc037c330bd32d42efdcb6057.jpg

Ah bacon. Every week I go by the local diner and get a plate of eggs over easy with bacon. DW orders bacon but doesn't eat it. A portion of hers goes on my English Muffin sandwich style. The remainder goes to the dogs who are impatiently waiting outside.

My favorite morning of the week. Screw the sat fat - Lipitor takes care of that.

LOL!!! My doctor would view that askance, I'm afraid.

I can relate, though. I absolutely ADORE bacon. If it wasn't so fattening, I would eat a lot of it.

Mmmm...a whole pound of bacon is in the oven... :)

Shirred eggs soon to follow.

Gosh, I might have to make some cheddar biscuits and sweet potato hash browns while I'm at it, since the oven is doing all the work!

Sounds like Don's wife is trying to slowly kill him off ;)
Nah - just even things out a bit. My family has longer life genes than hers. She thinks it is unfair that silver haired old men are popular sex objects in the old folks homes and doesn't want me to outlast her for long.

Using a bic lighter, apply a flame to the dangly end of the bacon until a flame is established and it becomes self sustaining

Yikes...I thought that I was the one that invented this [-]sinful, unhealthy, disgusting, decadent, [/-]interesting activity. Practically every time that I fire up the BBQ, I secretly enjoy a few bacon slices that are attached to the end of skewers. :eek:

Those are easy. Brush a bunch of ramekins with melted butter. Break one egg into each. Top with a teaspoon or so of cream, or if you dont have that, half and half, or if you dont have that, a teaspoon size chunk of butter. You can throw some grated cheese on top if you're in the mood, but not a lot.

Put in a 350 degree oven for about 9-10 minutes, until almost set. Remove and top with foil. They should still be a little underdone in the middle since they'll stand for at least a few minutes and finish cooking. Run a butter knife around the edges and flip the ramekin upside down over a plate and you get a perfect egg.

What you get is basically a really moist, creamy poached egg without the hassle, plus a nice little lightly browned cream topping. And they hold for 10-15 minutes+ due to the heat holding power of the ramekin. So you can make a bunch of these while baking a bunch of BACON in the same oven.

If you're going to serve them quickly, you can do them the same way in muffin pans.

I can make bacon and shirred eggs for two dozen people in about 15 minutes in the oven with almost no work. Ideal for sunday football brunches.

.... make a bunch of these while baking a bunch of BACON in the same oven.

If you're going to serve them quickly, you can do them the same way in muffin pans.

I can make bacon and shirred eggs for two dozen people in about 15 minutes in the oven with almost no work. Ideal for sunday football brunches.

Thanks for the suggestion and instructions. I'm doing this in the AM. I have waaay to many relatives in residence this week and this looks about my speed. :)

Back
Top Bottom