Bacon strikes back

(sorry. I know that was in bad taste...)

Not to the hogs...

Hmmm. If the farmer intended to produce organic bacon, after becoming part of their diet can they still be certified as such? This could make a big difference to his heirs.

I want to know how he got in that predicament, heart attack?

Fortunately the family came out AFTER the feeding frenzy, not during. B-O

There was a movie where the bad guy used his hogs to get rid of his dead enemies bodies. I wondered if hogs would do this work for real.......I'm not going in any hog pens anytime soon

The good news is that the flavor of the bacon from these hogs shouldn't be much different from normal.

After all, humans and pigs are biologically very similar, and cannibals have referred to human meat as "long pig."
European explorers and colonizers brought home many stories of cannibalism practiced by the native peoples they encountered. The friar Diego de Landa reported about Yucatán instances,[66] and there have been similar reports by Purchas from Popayán, Colombia, and from the Marquesas Islands of Polynesia, where human flesh was called long pig.
(Wikipedia)

For what we know, this unfortunate farmer could have been eaten while still alive. His death could have been more painful and less humane than what his pigs would later face.

On another site they linked to this story - and the comment was : eat or be eaten!!!! Were the hogs bigger than the man? I'm reminded of the bigger and bigger fishes eating the smaller and smaller ones....

But, I'm still going to eat bacon :)

Sure. It is easy to sit back and to savor one's bacon, when it is the task of farmers like the victim in the story to get us the goods.

If each of us has to face the 700-lb beasts him/herself and to fight mano-a-piggo to win our bacon, well, I guess I will have to satisfy myself with just chicken and fish.

Back
Top Bottom