Banking in Ottawa, OH

Buckeye

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I never thought to ask if the bank was in a flood plain. At least my safe deposit box is about eye level.

Attachments

• Banking in Ottawa OH.JPG
    Banking in Ottawa OH.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Let's try again.

Attachments

• Banking in Ottawa OH.JPG
    Banking in Ottawa OH.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 71
omg!

i wonder what happens if the boxes get flooded? im sure they are insured, but some things arent replaceable or have values beyond $$$ and cents

The items in our safety deposit box that have become the most valuable and hard to replace are our passports! The water is down today so I'm going to ride by and see how high the high water mark is. The word is they are going to knock the bank down and rebuild it. We haven't been able to get to our PO Box either since Wednesday but virtually all bills are delivered online anymore.

My advice is to buy flood insurance whether you think you need it or not. The water did not reach us (about 1/2 mile away) but many, many people were flooded who never suspected they were vulnerable. The less likely you are to be flooded, the cheaper it is so buy it! I pay $300 per year for tons of coverage. $25 per month that gives me great peace of mind.

Like the folks in New Orleans, I learned that water was the greater evil during the 2004 Florida hurricanes (am I a disaster magnet?). Water is the gift that keeps on giving. The rain may stop and the river may drop but the effects of the water will be with you for a long, long time and it will be expensive to get back to normal.

is it possible that the safe deposit box vault is waterproof?

I hope the vault is waterproof but if it's not I will have some soggy papers. Better than all the folks with soggy homes and businesses. Other than the passports, I don't remember exactly what was in there. I guess I should be keeping an inventory...and putting things in Ziploc bags!

It is very sad to see all the small business being damaged. A chain can draw on other resources but the small business loses all its income just when it's needed most. I will be very good about spending money locally as soon as they open their doors again.

The vault should be waterproof and fireproof. I'm not sure if it's insured or not.

Back
Top Bottom