Barry White

audreyh1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Wow - I had no idea that Barry White wrote the "Love Boat" theme!!! Kind of set my head spinning there for a while. Of course his instrumental version is way better than the awful vocal version used for the TV show.

Man - TV shows were SO BAD in the late 70s!!! Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Charlies Angels, Three's Company - arrrrgh!!!! :p

Yep - got DH a Barry White "Greatest Hits" CD for valentines - what can I say? (blush)

Audrey

audreyh1 said:
Man - TV shows were SO BAD in the late 70s!!! Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Charlies Angels, Three's Company - arrrrgh!!!! :p
Well, sure, if you were judging the quality of the plots, the dialogue, and dynamic tension among the characters.

I remember a different sort of dynamic tension. In fact if it wasn't for those shows, TV wouldn't have been able to evolve modern classics like "Baywatch"!

At a high school reunion I attended, someone was giving a speech about what was hot when we were seniors. They mentioned that the number one TV program was "Donnie & Marie." ::)

Give me Streets of San Francisco or Kojak anyday. ;)

I've finally realized my "Funkadelic" Phase:

Just got a set of CDs of music I've always wanted to have, but never got around to buying:

* Earth Wind and Fire: Greatest Hits
* The Very Best of Tower of Power - their "What is Hip?" song is one of my all-time faves

And of course from the master himself James Brown (RIP)
* Foundations Of Funk: A Brand New Bag: 1964-1969 - which includes "Cold Sweat" my all time fave funky R&B hit among a bunch of other goodies.

So I'm going to be boogying around for a few weeks!

Huh! O0

Audrey

Man - TV shows were SO BAD in the late 70s!!!
do you mean to suggest that they're better now?!

[- got DH a Barry White "Greatest Hits" CD for valentines - what can I say? (blush)

Audrey
[/quote]

There is only one reason for a guy to give you a Barry White cd and it has nothing to do with the music !

Moemg said:
There is only one reason for a guy to give you a Barry White cd and it has nothing to do with the music !
Hmmm - might that be the same reason that I gave my husband a Barry White CD? I wonder?

Audrey

d said:
do you mean to suggest that they're better now?!
Yes, as a matter of fact, I think the TV shows today are MUCH better. At least the ones I watch are.

Audrey

For some reason Welcome Back Carter and the sweat hogs, America, Led Zepplin and ELO(Electric Light Or.) come to mind while thinking about that time and TV/radio/8 tracks.

Today being Valentines - perfect for quoting Kojac - "who loves ya baby"?

The late 70's were a great time for me - the endless summer years.

Donzo said:
The late 70's were a great time for me - the endless summer years.
Me too! I have to confess, "That 70s Show" is scarily accurate in so many ways!

Audrey

audreyh1 said:
Yes, as a matter of fact, I think the TV shows today are MUCH better. At least the ones I watch are.

I don't watch much TV, but I really enjoy watching reruns of All in the Family, Sanford and Son and What's Happening.

Back
Top Bottom