• Meryl Streep

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Denzel Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't pick him specifically, but I can't remember a Robert Redford movie that I didn't like.

I’ve never heard of Daniel Day-Lewis so I’ll go with Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock.

Too hard to pick the best actor of all time. I can't do it. But a few names that come to mind are Charles Bronson and Clint Eastwood. I would have to add Sidney Poitier as well. All were great.
Suzanne Pleshette, Robert Duvall, Lucille Ball, Don Knotts and Walther Matthau were great.
Jackie Gleason

Last edited:
So many great ones.
However, I would go along with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep, just for the variety, depth and breadth of their many roles.

He’s certainly high on my list

along with Russell Crowe and Gary Oldman.

Yeah Ed Norton is kind of a sleeper choice. Nominated for the category, but wouldn't win in the ER pool.
Was really good in American History X. The movie's subject matter fits today even more so.

I’ve never heard of Daniel Day-Lewis...
Really? Watch "Lincoln" the 2012 film starring Daniel Day Lewis and let us know what you think. I forgot that I was watching a movie with an actor playing Lincoln...it felt like there were cameras following Lincoln around 150 years ago.

I can't vote for anyone I haven't met in person, so I'll vote for this guy. Look for him in "Buddy Games", or not. I must admit, this post seemed like a great idea when I was thinking of congressman Roger Furlong, but less so reviewing the trailer for the upcoming movie. Sorry Dan :hide:

Attachments

• biasedBestActor.jpg
    biasedBestActor.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 20
Yeah Ed Norton is kind of a sleeper choice. Nominated for the category, but wouldn't win in the ER pool.
Was really good in American History X. The movie's subject matter fits today even more so.

I'll have to check that out. The Illusionist was one of our favorite movies ever.

If you like Ed Norton and haven't seen Primal Fear, check that out too.

Nearly all mentioned here would be candidates for my "best". One other I haven't seen mentioned is Charlize Theron.

Forgot about Nicole Kidman and Julianne Moore.
Leo DiCaprio is great also.

I also think Nicole Kidman and Julianne Moore are great.
Also Leo DiCaprio is great.

I’m tallying these replies (really! Expect a poll). For the Streep, Kidman & Moore fans: check out “The Hours” movie.

Last edited:
Daniel Day-Lewis.

My immediate response. Happy to see someone beat me to it.

He literally disappears into every role. He is amazing.

(And yes, I crush. :blush: Favorite line , from Last of The Mohicans, when he tells Madeleine Stowe 'You stay alive! No matter what occurs! No matter how long it takes, no matter how far! I will find you!' )

Last edited:
Lots of great choices so far. I’ll add one of my favorites in Charlton Heston. So many great roles over the years.

Ben Mendelsohn is pretty amazing.

As is Helen Mirren.

And I really enjoy Benedict Cumberbatch.

Last edited:
Uma Thurman..... Kill Bill! Amazing

Only seen her once, in The Bridge, (we're about two episodes shy of finishing season one), but based solely on her portrayal of a detective with Asperger's, (we've wondered if, during filming, she breaks up the cast with her deadpan renderings of 'socially inappropriate' comments/reactions), I have to add Sofia Helin.

https://the-toast.net/2016/06/27/saga-noren-the-autistic-superwoman-of-the-bridge/

Looking forward to seeing her in season two of Mystery Road:
https://www.smh.com.au/culture/tv-a...back-gothic-mystery-road-20200403-p54gu0.html

Last edited:
I once hung with an actor or two in NYC. One mentioned to me that a great actor made you forget who he was, since he (or she) became the character.

Gillian Anderson is an example of a great actor.

Back
Top Bottom