Best and worst company slogans

bank5

Recycles dryer sheets
We know why you fly.
-American Airlines

I saw that on a bumper sticker today and I immediately thought that's the dumbest slogan ever. I'm guessing the creative bunch on here will be able to name off some comparable doozies

I remember in the 60's or 70's, there were a series of ads for Sony that used the slogan "Sony - no baloney!" I also recollect that this ad campaign didn't last too long.

About 10 years ago I worked a 4 or 5 month assignment in the Chicago burb of Long Grove and on my daily commute saw a billboard advertising the Ash-Wipe Chimney Sweeps.

In the '70s, the grocery store Shop-Rite had a sign that said "Our Meat Can't be Beat." As juveniles, we all thought that was hilarious.

Mike D.

Cowboy Coring Co. - Your hole is our goal

I'm not making this up...

Anyone recall this trucking company out of St. Louis?

img_816964_0_787b40286f45e374c48f51f606fef291.jpg

The one that still makes me chuckle is a local radiator repair shop slogan I saw in the 1980s:

"A good place to take a leak"

:LOL:

There were spoofs of some of the more famous slogans, adapted for different products that I thought were funny:

Photo of a cruise missile: "Tomahawk - When you care enough to send the very best"

View though the reticule of a rifle scope: "Long distance - the next best thing to being there"

And some others that escape me at the moment.

Not long ago I saw a photo of a Navy SEAL wearing a t-shirt sporting a Fed-EX type logo saying "SEALS - when it absolutely positively has to be blown up overnight".

I loved it.

2soon2tell

Suggested greeting for the city morgue receptionists when they answer the phone.

"City morgue - you kill em we chill em"

I know it's tacky but also funny.

2soon

A bit of a topic drift as the City Morgue quote was a popular way to answer the dorm hall phone back in pre-historic times. Which reminded me of another one:

"Student Affairs. May we arrange one for you?"

"Suicide hotline; please hold..."
Reminds me of what most on-hold messages should say:

"Please continue to hold and remain on the line. Your call is very important to us. The fact that you have been holding for 52 minutes shows you just *how* important it is to us..."

Natty Light - For when you're drinking more than one.

Back
Top Bottom