Best Exit?

BunsGettingFirm

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
With all of the gloom and doom talk about the economy, I think we need a cheery topic, so I got thinking about what is the best way to exit -- life? I mean, would you prefer to know when your end is nearly, or would you prefer to go out with bang but with no fear, no pain, but also no knowledge of when the end is near? I think it's a relevant topic because everyone on this board has worked hard for his money, so wouldn't being able to enjoy that money dictate that the preferred way to go out would be being able to know when you will go?

I wouldn't want to know when but I've always thought I'd like to be able to walk on that last day.

sounds like you should set up a poll

I spent 30 years driving the DC Beltway, and I always worried about becoming a Beltway statistic.

I don't care how it happens, but I want it to be remarkable. Eaten by a shark, hit by a piece of the Hubble Telescope when it falls out of orbit, spontaneous combustion, living to be the oldest man alive, doesn't matter. I just want my friends to be sitting around for years afterwards, drinking and laughing, and saying "remember good ole Harley, wasn't that a trip what happened to him?"

That's my wish.

Massive fatal coronary while having sex, or shall I say coming and going all at the same time.

The way I'd like to go? Fall asleep one night and never wake up. Worse ways to go IMO? long drawn out disease or plane crash...

Massive fatal coronary while having sex, or shall I say coming and going all at the same time.

A Full Nelson (Rockefeller).

What a lovely way to die, Honey oh Baby Mine...

Ha

I want to go like my grandfather, in my sleep, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!

Preferably after a nice meal full of bacony goodness. >:D

hanged, drawn & quartered.

i'm torn between producing a trance and entering the clear light of death or watching television brain dead at ground zero when the nukes begin to fall. i'll let you know.

interesting topic though. death certainly brings perspective.

Buns, you still around? Things will get better, you know, the market will recover.

I'd like to go like Steve Fossett did. Leave a mystery. Make 'em work to find the body. CSI, etc.

:rolleyes:

Buns, you still around? Things will get better, you know, the market will recover.

That's not what I'm worried about. My mom died when she was only 46 of a massive brain hemorrhage. It was probably not a bad way to die, but I'm thinking that all this LBYM stuff, I'd like to know roughly when I'm about to croak so that I can live it up and do everything LBeyondMY. I'd go travel, drive a nice sports car instead of my crappy van, and of course, visit Shangri-La every time I want to.

That's not what I'm worried about. My mom died when she was only 46 of a massive brain hemorrhage. It was probably not a bad way to die, but I'm thinking that all this LBYM stuff, I'd like to know roughly when I'm about to croak so that I can live it up and do all the thing LBeyondMY. I'd go travel, drive a nice sports car instead of my crappy van, and of course, visit Shangri-La every time I want to.

My advice is to do some of these things now. You will enjoy them; if you were waiting for death maybe not so much.

Ha

That's not what I'm worried about. My mom died when she was only 46 of a massive brain hemorrhage. It was probably not a bad way to die, but I'm thinking that all this LBYM stuff, I'd like to know roughly when I'm about to croak so that I can live it up and do everything LBeyondMY. I'd go travel, drive a nice sports car instead of my crappy van, and of course, visit Shangri-La every time I want to.

So are you nearing that age ? My brother died at 54 so when I was near 54 I had these thoughts . I do believe some people know when they are nearing death but at that point it's too late to change the verdict . Enjoy your life now tomorrow is tomorrow !

I wouldn't mind something quick and painless. I've also often thought that I'd like to be in control of my exit.

Burning and drowning on the top two ways I wouldn't want to go.

Without a doubt I would like to go to sleep one night and just not wake up. I would hate to suffer a slow painful death like my father did as he had pancreatic cancer that lasted for a year.

It's because of my father's death at a relatively young age of 58 that I am determined that I will not be flogging myself to death for any job up until I reach normal retirement age. It's another reason why I don't deprive myself of those things that I want now. As long as it is all in moderation I say go for it.

Meteorite to the head. Bonus points if the meteorite contains humanity destroying alien viruses.

In another month, I will be the age that my husband was when he died. It's something that I think about too. My husband didn't have any prior warning of his death (diagnosed and died the same day). I am very grateful that we traveled during the last two years before his death. It's very important to treat yourself to guilty pleasures once in a while. Spread those pleasures out over your lifetime...just in case.

I want the first stroke to be the last one.

Back
Top Bottom