Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

I extracted this from a recent Savannah obituary.

"He was equal parts puckish and perspicacious. Despite finishing undergraduate school at the University of Alabama in only eleven years, he still managed to earn a 2-point something GPA, all while holding down a rewarding social life and pursuing various entrepreneurial endeavors. While his politics were unexpectedly conservative and his affiliation with Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity quite successfully cemented, he became a leading student activist during the troubles of the 60's. .........................He also dabbled in breeding and trading Tennessee walking horses, which, he learned the hard way, was not a suitable calling. As a businessman he put people first and never compromised his integrity. He combined hard work and Rabelaisian excess, and believed any good idea could be made better, more fun and more inclusive. A raconteur, political scientist and a student of obscure and piquant vocabulary, he loved good food, drink, music, theater, salt, bourbon and smokes. He was of barrel chest, and capable throughout his life of peeing a quart, but his best health was always of his spirit. His family history is checkered, unless one counts his large family of friends and admirers."
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Okay, before this interesting thread slips into oblivion, let me post a modest entry for Best Obituary:

tom lehrer alma - Bing Videos

Sorry, it contains further material at the end - perhaps only for Tom Lehrer fans (you know who you are!)

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Not an obituary, but......it has been 50 years since the death of Marilyn Monroe. Enjoy some of her best clips.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/ma...46922-Aug2012/
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

Utah man confesses to robbery, education lies in self-styled obituary | Fox News

Quote:
A 59-year-old Utah man who died last week wrote his own obituary, confessing to several indiscretions that his widow says are true.
The obit:
Val Patterson Obituary: View Val Patterson's Obituary by Salt Lake Tribune

KingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
Okay, before this interesting thread slips into oblivion, let me post a modest entry for Best Obituary:

tom lehrer alma - Bing Videos

Sorry, it contains further material at the end - perhaps only for Tom Lehrer fans (you know who you are!)
Tom invented the Jello Shot. That alone is enough to put you down in the annals of history!
Old 08-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
I read somewhere else in The Denver Post that Chopper was actually his cat.
Further proof that cat lovers tend to be non-conformists. Like this guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg William S - Calico.jpg (51.6 KB, 9 views)