Best Place to Live....Vancouver

Calgary_Girl said:
Never been there so can't comment  :-X

Think of the most wonderful place in the world. Now realize you can never go there because you are poor and live in a burnt out, post industrial hellhole. Welcome to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Akron, Bethlehem, Youngstown...

brewer12345 said:
Think of the most wonderful place in the world.  Now realize you can never go there because you are poor and live in a burnt out, post industrial hellhole.  Welcome to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Akron, Bethlehem, Youngstown...

Sheesh!!! It's not quite THAT bad.

Sheryl<----- born and raised in suburb of Akron

brewer12345 said:
Think of the most wonderful place in the world.  Now realize you can never go there because you are poor and live in a burnt out, post industrial hellhole.  Welcome to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Akron, Bethlehem, Youngstown...

Oh. Well, at least the authors got Calgary right.

Sheryl said:
Sheesh!!!  It's not quite THAT bad. 

Sheryl<----- born and raised in suburb of Akron

I lived in Lorain County, OH for several years. Mom grew up in Canton, and I have extended family all throughout Akron, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown, rural southeast Ohio. My uncle worked in a Timken plant for 10 years. I know what you mean: there are some really neat redeeming qualities about these places. But I could name any number of places I'd rather live.

Calgary_Girl said:
Oh.  Well, at least the authors got Calgary right.   

OK, CG, you've convinced me. Here I am in Calgary! Brrrrr, it's kind of cold here. Ewww, what's that I just stepped in? Ahhh, STAMPEDE! Run for your lives!

Whew; I'm back. Nice place to visit, but....

brewer12345 said:
I lived in Lorain County, OH for several years.  Mom grew up in Canton, and I have extended family all throughout Akron, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown, rural southeast Ohio.  My uncle worked in a Timken plant for 10 years.  I know what you mean: there are some really neat redeeming qualities about these places.  But I could name any number of places I'd rather live.

Oh, there are not really too many redeeming qualities.  I got outta there when I was 17 and I'd never go back, so I'm not in love with the place by any means!  I just thought "burnt-out post-industrial hell hole" might be overstating it just a tad. ;)

brewer12345 said:
rural southeast Ohio. 

Where in rural southeast OH? I escaped moved from that area after college.
When I say I'm just a hick from the sticks people laugh but, I am. Another one of those-It's a nice place to be from....

Judy

Couldn't resist, this is from someone's blog:

TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA

1. Vancouver: 1.5 million people and two bridges.
2. Your $400,000 Vancouver home is just 5 hours from downtown.
3. You can throw a rock and hit three Starbucks locations.
4. There's always some sort of deforestation protest going on.

Never been there but hear it's beautiful and would love to visit someday.

Judy

DH born and lived most of his life in Youngstown. Every time we go back to visit his family, he comments that he is so glad that he does not live there anymore. Pittsburgh is a very nice place to visit. I grew up in a small town about 60 miles south of it. I am now living in WV and no I do not care to hear any of your jokes!!!!

Dreamer

JWV said:
Where in rural southeast OH? I escaped moved from that area after college.
When I say I'm just a hick from the sticks people laugh but, I am. Another one of those-It's a nice place to be from....

Judy

Honestly, I couldn't tell you the exact spot because Mom always drove there. Southeast f Canton, I think. I know the place where the family reunions are held and the farm that my maternal great grandfather had are not all that far away from the WV border. I will have to ask Mom where eactly the place is.

Calgary_Girl said:
Oh.  Well, at least the authors got Calgary right.

Although I mostly spent time in the airport, I found Calgary to be a really nice city, better than Toronto in many ways, which is also a very nice city (albeit a little too American). Alberta beef is better than anything I've had in the U.S. in recent memory.

Southeastern Ohio is the most beautiful part of the state. If our retirement plans for moving to northern Idaho fall through, we're thinking of retiring in southeast Ohio or somewhere in the mountains of West Virginia.

If it stopped raining and the real estate prices dropped 80%, I would move back.

Vicky

Glo said:
Southeastern Ohio is the most beautiful part of the state.  If our retirement plans for moving to northern Idaho fall through, we're thinking of retiring in southeast Ohio or somewhere in the mountains of West Virginia. 

Maybe so, but it is also very poor, in general.

Back
Top Bottom