Best Thanksgiving Ever

Beer man

Dryer sheet aficionado
We drove 2 hours to my sister in law's sister's farm way out in the sticks for Tgiving. First time there, so not quite sure where we were going or what we were getting into. Typical dinner with all the fixins, but the after dinner activities were the bomb. Out to the barn so the kids could ride the animals. Zonkey rides!! I mean, how can it not be a great thanksgiving if you get to ride a donkey zebra hybrid. I didn't even know there was such an animal. The girls riding the pig made me laugh so hard I thought I would enjoy dinner all over again.:2funny: I don't know who was screaming louder, my 5 yr olds or the pig. Then there was the llama and all the dwarf ponies. The kids thought it was better than di$ney world. Boy did I feel like a city kid.

We spent Thanksgiving week in Washington,Dc with my very pregnant daughter and my son in law .We found a very nice restaurant to have dinner in on Thanksgiving day but my daughter wanted to go someplace where they could watch the games .They picked an Irish pub .They assured me they were having Thanksgiving specials so I could still have turkey .When we got there the Thanksgiving specials were drink specials and we ended up with Shepherd's pie .A differnt type of Thanksgiving but what was great was time spent with my daughter and son in law .I can have turkey anytime.

my daughter would definitely go for a zonkey ride! that is a kodak moment eh?!

Moemg - it's not just a Christmas Story (the movie) cliche - the chinese restaurants are almost always open on the major holidays! We may go up north to visit family for christmas, but given FIL's illness, we may have dim sum on christmas day! i didn't know irish pubs fell into the same category? :D

a zonkey. way too cool. can't wait to show my little niece one so she can bug my brother to buy her one so i'll have a zonkey to play with. thanx beer man.

img_581727_0_3f17a8827d17caad475f4f70be27ba18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom