Better call saul

I think he was my favorite character in the series.

We're only on season 4 of BB. Buddy got me started he said BB started slow, what a joker. Better call Saul might be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I hope its good because the character on BB was great. However, I'm concerned this may not be so great. We will see. Just don't want my memories of the awesome sleezy character of Saul Goodman to be tarnished by a new show that is stupid.

I think the new show is written by the same folks who did BB. I doubt they're gong to turn Saul into a Perry Mason... :)
I was thinking more about Hello Larry.

But that is good news the same writers are involved.

*Slight BB spoiler alert!*

Is Saul's bodyguard still waiting in the hotel room:confused:

I discovered last night that one of the residents in the nursing home scene is the aunt of a very good friend. She starts an acting career at age 96? Wow.

I think he was my favorite character in the series.

My favorite character in Breaking Bad:
BB-S5-Tio-Bio-590.jpg

I did not like that scene on BCS.

While I have my wits I need to design a necklace that requires me to input a long code phrase every year or it blows up and takes my head off. I do not want to end up eating Jell-O and playing bingo in a place like that.

I hate Jell-O.

While I have my wits I need to design a necklace that requires me to input a long code phrase every year or it blows up and takes my head off. I do not want to end up eating Jell-O and playing bingo in a place like that.

I hate Jell-O.

Amen to that. That scene was depressing. Humorous, but depressing.

I hope in real life, the old folks in that scene had more spunk and life in them that that, and that it was just a scene.

But you know there are places just like that in real life. God, no. Not for me. I'd drive over a cliff before I'd end up like that.

I discovered last night that one of the residents in the nursing home scene is the aunt of a very good friend. She starts an acting career at age 96? Wow.

OMY syndrome run amok?

I'm enjoying the Better Call Saul show so far. We're fans already.

I hate Jell-O.

That's a good idea. I don't fear much, but growing old and being shuffled off to a home or being a vegetable is my #1 fear in life.

I'm enjoying the Better Call Saul show so far. We're fans already.

Me too, it is already my favorite new show.

All the folks who tried Breaking Bad, but found it too dark and/or hated the subject matter should give Better Call Saul a try. It is more of comedy with the same imaginative writing and fascinating characters. While it is a spin off from Breaking Bad, and has great moments for BB fans, you don't need to have watched Breaking Bad to enjoy it.

Me too, it is already my favorite new show.

All the folks who tried Breaking Bad, but found it too dark and/or hated the subject matter should give Better Call Saul a try. It is more of comedy with the same imaginative writing and fascinating characters. While it is a spin off from Breaking Bad, and has great moments for BB fans, you don't need to have watched Breaking Bad to enjoy it.

I too have enjoyed it. I watched the first couple seasons of BB, but when there was some p***ing contest between AMC and Dish Network (or DirecTV) they didn't carry the show for a few episodes and I stopped watching. The DW finished them all up on Amazon and I will probably *eventually*. Nonetheless, I don't catch all the "Easter Eggs" but it's not taking away from the show.

Speaking of new shows, has anyone seen "Bosch" on Amazon Prime? I watched the first one last night and it seems quite promising...

How soon before there is a Jesse Pinkman lead spin off?

Speaking of new shows, has anyone seen "Bosch" on Amazon Prime? I watched the first one last night and it seems quite promising...

Thanks for pointing that out. I did not realize it was based on the Hieronymus Bosch book series. If the tv show is 75% as good as the books, it will be a keeper. I guess after the bomb with Alex Delaware movie, they went the tv series route.

Back to "Better Call Saul", best line so far: "You're the kind of lawyer guilty people hire". :LOL:

I'm enjoying Better Call Saul. So nice to see Mike Ehrmantraut again and I love that the parking toll booth is under a freeway ramp. Jimmy's office/home in the back room of the nail salon was perfect!

Bob Odenkirk is a really good actor. He was in the Fargo TV series and I didn't recognize him until I saw the credits.

The idea of this being a prequel is very clever. He's going to reinvent himself into Saul Goodman and then has to do it again at the end of Breaking Bad.

I'm enjoying Better Call Saul. So nice to see Mike Ehrmantraut again and I love that the parking toll booth is under a freeway ramp. Jimmy's office/home in the back room of the nail salon was perfect!

Bob Odenkirk is a really good actor. He was in the Fargo TV series and I didn't recognize him until I saw the credits.

The idea of this being a prequel is very clever. He's going to reinvent himself into Saul Goodman and then has to do it again at the end of Breaking Bad.

Mike is a fun character. It was a hoot seeing Tuco again, too. I enjoyed the negotiating scene with Tuco and Saul. It has to be tough negotiating with a psychopath.

I'm liking the show just as I hoped I would. Seems to be the same writers and producers from BB. I would expect some of the dark twists and turns and ironic humor as well. I love the fact that it is starting pre-Saul and working forward instead of starting post Walter.

He's going to reinvent himself into Saul Goodman and then has to do it again at the end of Breaking Bad.

The series starts off with him (Gene) working at a Cinnabon in Nebraska. Will be interesting after Better Call Saul catches up to the start of Breaking Bad, if they carry on the Gene character from Nebraska.

saul.jpg

Back
Top Bottom