Beyond Meat Burger and Impossible Burger 2.0

Just about all the animals I eat were on a plant-based diet, so I figure that puts me just one step removed from being a vegan. :cool:

Yeah, pretty much how I see ruminants and many other animals. But definitely grass eating animals!

Just about all the animals I eat were on a plant-based diet, so I figure that puts me just one step removed from being a vegan. :cool:

I call that a second order vegetarian. Add some brewed malt and hops and you have a wonderful natural, vegetable based meal. :)

I wish I had the discipline to follow something like the 80/20 rule when it comes to eating healthy, whole foods. But I just can't imagine a (happy) life without ice cream, chocolate, wine, pasta, and the occasional donut or stack of warm pancakes. I suppose I'm one of those people who feel that the enjoyment of some things (like processed foods, in moderation) are worth the risks to my long term health. Hopefully, I make up for it in other ways, like staying active, exercising, not smoking, etc.

You can eat some or all of those things, as long as you don't make it a daily habit. I drink wine, I eat dark chocolate. I have pasta (rarely). If you eat ice cream, at least make it the stuff that has only cream, milk, and sugar (no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavor, etc). And if you eat something like pancakes, eat some protein and fat with it (like sausage or eggs), to help slow the insulin response. Same thing goes for stuff like pasta.

You're probably doing way better than the average American as far as diet and exercise, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I wish I had the discipline to follow something like the 80/20 rule when it comes to eating healthy, whole foods. But I just can't imagine a (happy) life without ice cream, chocolate, wine, pasta, and the occasional donut or stack of warm pancakes. I suppose I'm one of those people who feel that the enjoyment of some things (like processed foods, in moderation) are worth the risks to my long term health. Hopefully, I make up for it in other ways, like staying active, exercising, not smoking, etc.

You can eat some or all of those things, as long as you don't make it a daily habit. I drink wine, I eat dark chocolate. I have pasta (rarely). If you eat ice cream, at least make it the stuff that has only cream, milk, and sugar (no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavor, etc). And if you eat something like pancakes, eat some protein and fat with it (like sausage or eggs), to help slow the insulin response. Same thing goes for stuff like pasta.
I drink wine regularly - dry red or white wine, sparkling wine are pretty low carb. No problems there. I don’t drink a full serving.

Dark chocolate is my indulgence and the only thing I eat that has added sugar. But the 85% to 90% dark chocolate has little added sugar and I don’t eat a whole serving either.

I also gave up artificial sweeteners so I’m afraid desserts including ice cream are off the table for me. Fortunately I don’t have a strong sweet tooth and don’t miss them at all. Occasional fruit is like dessert.

I don’t miss the carbs like pasta or bread or pastries at all.

Back
Top Bottom