Big shocker here...

My first gov job had extra time. I was working for the Dept of Defense at that time. I switched agencies in 1977 and have not had any time where there was not plenty of work to do. I never surf the web at work. I do admit to having personal conversations at times, but I usually compensate by staying after quitting time an equivalent amount of time or more.

Dreamer

I am getting to be more and more of a slacker as I near full retirement (now just under two years hence).

Yes, I do work three part-time jobs (all of which are somewhat demanding), but I find that I'm surfing the web more and more, going to lunch with friends and staying out of the office longer, postponing projects that don't have a short due date, etc., etc.

There's been some talk about my taking a full time job again (plus keeping the part-time teaching position at the local state university), but I really don't think I can get my mind around it. Leaving the CEO position (voluntarily) of my firm 18 months ago seems to have catalyzed a FIRE mindset that is growing rather than abating.

As soon as my daughter gradutates from college, the RE part of FIRE will happen. My mind is clearly on FIRE these days, and I've noticed my attitude is beginning to influence my wife (who this very morning wistfully said "only two more years?" as she left for the office).

As of today, I have 29.3 billable hours this month.

The slippery slope into ER.

Back
Top Bottom