Join Early Retirement Today

Bite Golf Shoes..........
Old 06-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Bite Golf Shoes..........

Got some on sale last week, and they are the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever owned. They are a hiking shoe company that started making golf shoes about 12 years ago. Vibram sole and everything, and they don't need spikes every year. I played 18 holes walking the other day and I felt as good on 18 as I did on 1.

Time to shelve the Nike Air...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Whewww.....not knowing that was a brand name....i thought your title was suppose to be "Bite ME Golf Shoes"....
VaCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

From a non golfer: Since golfing involves walking on well-mowed grass and paved pathways, and perhaps driving in a golf cart, why does one need special shoes?

Also, why are spikes necessary? There's no running or cutbacks involved, right? Steep slopes?
TromboneAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
From a non golfer: Since golfing involves walking on well-mowed grass and paved pathways, and perhaps driving in a golf cart, why does one need special shoes?

Also, why are spikes necessary? There's no running or cutbacks involved, right? Steep slopes?
20 years ago, pretty much ALL courses allowed metal spiked golf shoes. Most of the PGA pros still use them, however they swing a little harder than the rest of us. I've slipped many a time on the tee box when I got out early, and the dew/leftover water from early morning watering, so the spikes help.

Spikeless shoes have been all the range. They use rubber spikes isntead of metal. Most courses require them these days. They work better than plain tennis shoes, but if you only play a couple times a year, tennis shoes are fine.........

I notice a big difference when I wear golf shoes. It gives me more stability when I swing. Perhaps I need them because I have a bit of violent swing but can hit the ball 300 yards or more when I catch it flush.............

Old 06-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I notice a big difference when I wear golf shoes. It gives me more stability when I swing. Perhaps I need them because I have a bit of violent swing but can hit the ball 300 yards or more when I catch it flush.............
FinanceDude: If your driving the ball 300 yards or more... you should be on the PGA tour circuit
Life_is_Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Never owned any Bite shoes. I just started wearing a new pair of Etonic and they are very comfortable.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:00 AM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm using Walter Hagen brand made with Gore-Tex - comfortable - I walk - the soft spikes are not wearing at all after two years - played in rain 2 weeks ago -90 % of me was soaked but my feet were 100% dry!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life_is_Good View Post
FinanceDude: If your driving the ball 300 yards or more... you should be on the PGA tour circuit
It's not always IN-BOUNDS on said drives..............

And sand play? Let's not talk about it............

Old 06-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Anybody watching the U.S. Open? How would you like to play that baby?