Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-24-2021, 10:02 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I signed up two hours ago without a hitch. Maybe clear cookies and see if that helps?
Two hours ago was two hours ago.

Yes, I cleared all cookies on my second attempt. Still hanging.

What I did notice was that the ABC main page (abc.com) just added an "early access to the deal" link on their home page about 30 minutes ago. Uh oh.

JoeWras is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2021, 10:04 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Lucky for you the deal is good until midnight PT Monday.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I have two more email address to burn through.

I'll try much later today with a different browser, or maybe use my phone.

Old 11-24-2021, 10:11 AM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

I clicked directly through the link you posted yesterday as soon as I read the post. No problem so Thanks
ivinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:28 AM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Sundance Now - 50% off for the annual subscription. Promo Code FRIDAY50
tmm99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:34 AM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWras View Post
Looks like Hulu's servers have hit overload.

Trying to sign up for the .99 and it hangs. I backed out and it just created an account with no ability to get to the deal.

Trying a different email and it is hung up again. I'll walk away and see what happens.

I would recommend not trying to create an account at this moment (near noon, EST Tuesday).
I hit that yesterday too. I switched to another browser and it worked. I seem to be having a lot of hangs on Firefox lately, where I have Ghostery and AdBlocker+ running. My alternative is Chrome with none of those installed. It may be the cookies and other saved data on Firefox (which I use a lot more) are causing the problems rather than the extensions. I'm looking for a way to figure it out because it's getting pretty bad with some sites. E-R.org is one of those sites that occasionally hangs on me.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:04 AM   #47
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Ethics question. Am I a "bad person" if I sign up for this with a different email and credit card than my current 1.99 (actually, now 2.99) subscription?
It would probably only work if you registered a different device on the new account.

I took advantage of this offer but HULU recognized the previous device (Roku box) that I had used in the past for an earlier trial offer.

_B
Beldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:09 AM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
I hit that yesterday too. I switched to another browser and it worked. I seem to be having a lot of hangs on Firefox lately, where I have Ghostery and AdBlocker+ running. My alternative is Chrome with none of those installed. It may be the cookies and other saved data on Firefox (which I use a lot more) are causing the problems rather than the extensions. I'm looking for a way to figure it out because it's getting pretty bad with some sites. E-R.org is one of those sites that occasionally hangs on me.
Thanks!

I use Firefox for most things, with a lot of privacy lockdowns.

I use Edge for Wild-West-Open stuff, or at least I thought so. It is set as "Balanced". I was using Edge to do this and it hung.

I'm going to try it on my phone soon (Android) where I am using the defaults. Let's see what happens. I'll report back.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Thank you for the Hulu promo info.
tmm99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:14 PM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Best of all with these deals, you don't have to face the crowds - though it sounds like some of us are bumping up against cyber-crowds. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:27 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

OK, I feel like the family with Cheeto dust, and dad (Hulu) shined the black light on me. I lit up like a Christmas tree.

So I'm trying to sign up and it is "hanging." I tried on the phone, it still hanged, but I swiped down and amazingly got a screen to enter my payment for $0.99 deal. I entered a different card than my current card.

Red Lights flash (OK, red font) and say "YOU are NOT eligible. Pay the full price of $6.99" (I may have slightly paraphrased.)

So, somewhere they are checking addresses on cards and coordinating, or something. Or maybe I just have too many cookies hanging around. I thought I cleared everything, but perhaps not.

Maybe next year.

Catholic guilt strikes again. I may need to say a few "Our Fathers" to atone for this attempted sin.

Old 11-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

For those who want an Instant Pot deal this year:

Quote:
For those who haven't jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet, the holiday shopping season is a great time to buy one because you'll find most models on sale. We're a few days out from Black Friday but the six-quart Instant Pot Duo Plus is already half off, bringing it down to a record low of $59. The higher-end Instant Pot Pro Crisp, which includes an air-fryer lid, is also down to an all-time low of $170.
https://www.engadget.com/the-instant...151743555.html
Old 11-24-2021, 01:55 PM   #53
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Once again, Hulu is offering their Hulu Ad Supported Subscription Plan for $0.99/Mo for 12 months.

Note: the offer is only valid for New & Returning Subscribers who have not been Hulu subscribers in the past month. Offer expires on 11/29 at midnight PT.

Hulu deal
Thanks for this. I was able to sign up for it without a problem.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:15 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Thanks for this. I was able to sign up for it without a problem.
Me too! Thanks RE. I also made a note on my calendar to quit on 10/23/22, so that I won't have been a subscriber for at least 30 days, come next year.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:33 PM   #55
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
OK, I feel like the family with Cheeto dust, and dad (Hulu) shined the black light on me. I lit up like a Christmas tree.

So I'm trying to sign up and it is "hanging." I tried on the phone, it still hanged, but I swiped down and amazingly got a screen to enter my payment for $0.99 deal. I entered a different card than my current card.

Red Lights flash (OK, red font) and say "YOU are NOT eligible. Pay the full price of $6.99" (I may have slightly paraphrased.)

So, somewhere they are checking addresses on cards and coordinating, or something. Or maybe I just have too many cookies hanging around. I thought I cleared everything, but perhaps not.

Maybe next year.

Catholic guilt strikes again. I may need to say a few "Our Fathers" to atone for this attempted sin.
I'll confess:

DW and I have taken advantage of this deal three years in a row. We alternate our subscriptions each year and this time was her turn. She used her email address and her CC, but she used the same computer and browser as I used to sign up last year. As I said earlier, no issues signing up.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:15 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider View Post
This just proves there are way too many streaming channels. In some cases one may as well stick to cable.
Sure, if you like 100 channels you never watch and like to watch commercials on the channels you DO watch.

I still have cable but only for live sporting events. I DVR them and start watching 45 minutes into the game. That way I can fast forward through all the commercials and still end up at the game's end within 5-10 minutes of when the game actually ends.

If the day comes where the local pro sports teams have their own channel, and it was $20 a month, I'd sign up in a heartbeat and cut the cable so quick there would be a sonic boom.

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Qs Laptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'll confess:

DW and I have taken advantage of this deal three years in a row. We alternate our subscriptions each year and this time was her turn. She used her email address and her CC, but she used the same computer and browser as I used to sign up last year. As I said earlier, no issues signing up.
I really think I'm being punished somehow.

I've burned 3 email addresses, along with the current address I have. I'm out.

Old 11-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #58

When I enter my e-mail address, it says I already have an account. When I click to send my password it says email not valid. (in red)
I'm not that desperate for it, to much hassle
RetiredAndLovingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 05:23 PM   #59
Give me a forum ...

I have some interest in Nat Geo which is available through Disney+. But I don't see any deals for that.

We're currently using HBO Max which had a half price for 6 months deal a while back. Saw Dune and the final Matrix is supposed to come out in Dec.

Once that is done I may try a few months on Disney+ for the extensive Nat Geo programming.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:28 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
Just saw this deal for Quicken Premier on the Slickdeals site. Not sure if it's a "good" or "great" deal, but I know lots of people here use Quicken.
$37.99 is a great price for Quicken Premier. It’s over $70 at Amazon. How can they sell it for so much less?
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote