Black Friday deals

I did a fair bit of shopping for games that were on sale (can't beat it when you get a $59 title for $25). And stocking stuffers. We do gag/small gifts on christmas eve and it's not a party until someone laughs so hard they cry at the insane stupid little thing they just unwrapped.

Also picked up a new samsung mini-tablet for 30% off, for me, since I dropped mine and broke the glass yesterday....

We got a new 4K TV last week with free amazon install since that was one of their early BF deals.

I got up early and did B&M style BF once about 20 years ago (toys r us, target, etc.) and I figure that's enough for one lifetime.

dw got a Nespresso machine for $99. I guess I'll be having a few cappuccinos in the near future.

I needed a paint sprayer so I drove to Home Depot (which was packed) after enjoying a nice lunch at the sushi bar (which was empty)

Didn't save any dough. Nothing I bought was discounted.

But learned that Black Friday is a good time to hit the sushi bar - :)

Blonde Friday... $375

IMG_4968.JPG

I did better online last night (2 pair Skechers @ 40% off with free shipping) than downtown today. GS1 got levis at Macys & jacket at TJMAXX but no savings. We poked around World Market and spent about $40. That shop was fun. Downtown not so much. GD1 tried really hard to find something but could only find Sees candy :( .

We did go back down tonight and ate at Boudin's. We would have had leftovers but our table doubled at the last minute yesterday so we didn't have any

Went to home depot and bought a double wall oven, an induction cooktop, a dishwasher and a microwave for our kitchen remodel.
Black Friday saved us $1,800 from what the prices were two months ago when we first started the planing.

I don't shop for things I don't need on Black Friday or any other day. If I spend $150 on something I don't need that normally costs $250 I didn't save $100, I lost $150.

+1, but we were planning to get a new computer and saved $120 ordering it yesterday.

Time to speed up my gaming rig. Purchased an 250GB m.2 stick and a 2TB WD Blue internal Hard Drive at Amazon. That's the extend of my black Friday experience and thankfully our budget is still in the black.

Oh, also picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider for 67% off on Steam.

Not a black Friday deal but current today, I was offered this at checkout of an Amazon Prime order of $13:

"Choose FREE No-Rush Shipping and we will apply a $10 reward to your Amazon Restaurants account once this order ships. The $10 reward will be automatically applied when you place your next Amazon Restaurants order."

Also just read that selecting No-Rush is more green since they don't need to send out half-empty trucks.

I think I may spring for the very low priced DNA test at ancestry.com. It is about half the price it typically is and I've been "meaning" to do it forever.

Not a black Friday deal but current today, I was offered this at checkout of an Amazon Prime order of $13:

"Choose FREE No-Rush Shipping and we will apply a $10 reward to your Amazon Restaurants account once this order ships. The $10 reward will be automatically applied when you place your next Amazon Restaurants order."

Also just read that selecting No-Rush is more green since they don't need to send out half-empty trucks.
no value to us shop small people, none of the restaurants in my area are on it (had to look it up as I do know what it was)

Murchies Tea has their 15% off and free shipping for over $50 bucks deal going on until Monday I think.

Ordered the tea yesterday about this time and it was delivered today by noon! Always shocks me because it's coming out of Vancouver Canada, and I'm in South Texas. It's by far the fastest free shipping I've ever experienced.

$0.99 poinsettias.

$32 for four, 4' LED tubes (replacements for standard 4' fluorescent tubes)

Gonna re-wire a couple of fixtures (well, little more than removing the ballast)

It was time to upgrade the Tivo box, and the only time you can get great deals on them is on Black Friday. So I bought the Tivo Bolt 3TB model.

And I bought the Nespresso Inissia bundle. That's about it for our Black Friday.

$0.99 poinsettias.

$32 for four, 4' LED tubes (replacements for standard 4' fluorescent tubes)

Gonna re-wire a couple of fixtures (well, little more than removing the ballast)

Where did you get them ?
I'd like to do that as well, since I hate the buzz from the ballast I can hear sometimes.

My sister got a Kindle Fire on Wednesday but our Black Friday shopping (and most of Thanksgiving) was interrupted by the stomach flu. I had planned to buy a cell phone. Oh well... But I'm considering the DNA testing as the offer is good through the weekend.

Just sprang. Paid $59 plus $9.95 s/h.

I doubt there are any surprises in store, but we'll see. Maybe that old tale about the Spanish Armada sailors marrying the Irish coastal lasses will turn out to have a basis...since I am descended from Irish fishermen and sailors.

Too chicken to get the one that gives your health-related genetics.

I think I may spring for the very low priced DNA test at ancestry.com. It is about half the price it typically is and I've been "meaning" to do it forever.

Be warned that if you sign up for Ancestry.com DNA testing, it will offer a 6 month subscription for 1/2 price or $99. But if you hesitate, you cannot get back to that screen and the current discount is $149.

I got a certified used 2016 Audi TTS with red leather, tricked out wheels and a 12 speaker stereo :D

20 months in service, 17k miles on it. 4 year/100k of warranty and the first $1500 of maintenance included.

Got it for 25% below the original sticker. :cool:

It was only happenstance that we bought it on Black Friday. I was off w*rk and we'd found the car we wanted.

(I also cleaned out Jos A Banks stocking up on w*rk clothes.)

Back
Top Bottom