Bogus Intuit Email Bill - Don't Click on Links

Rich

Recycles dryer sheets
I received a very real looking email from the "Intuit" company for something I did not order. Called Intuit, they are aware of the problem and advised not to click on any of the links in the email. They had me forward the email to them at; spoof@intuit.com

FYI

Rich

I received a very real looking email from the "Intuit" company for something I did not order. Called Intuit, they are aware of the problem and advised not to click on any of the links in the email. They had me forward the email to them at; spoof@intuit.com

FYI

Rich

I noticed a very real looking e-mail from "Amazon" today in my gmail spam bucket with the warning that the e-mail did not come from the apparent source it stated.

It also had what looked a valid amazon website link, however I'm sure that link would have taken you to a bogus site, even though the url appeared quite genuine. The e-mail was a confirmation that an order had been cancelled, but it was for an item that we had never ordered, and it didn't suggest clicking on any link or anything, however, the Amazon.com link was in the signature line making it all too easy to click on that link rather than go to the site using your browser bookmark or favorite.

It is always worth repeating that no matter how genuine an e-mail may appear, you should never click on any links within an e-mail.

I got that Amazon spam too. Luckily I spotted it right away as bogus and I didn't have an active order with Amazon at that time.

I got that Amazon spam too. Luckily I spotted it right away as bogus and I didn't have an active order with Amazon at that time.

It's pretty subtle, I think.

Doesn't tell you to click a link if the order is wrong or anything, just leaves the link in the signature line to make it easy for you to be lazy and click the link, log on and check what has been ordered on your account. (For me my initial thoughts might be that I didn't order that item, and would log on to see if someone had hacked my account).

Yea, just as I am waiting for my TT confirmation, I received the Intuit span. Ran my cursor over the link, saw it wasn't from TT and deleted it.

It's pretty subtle, I think.

Doesn't tell you to click a link if the order is wrong or anything, just leaves the link in the signature line to make it easy for you to be lazy and click the link, log on and check what has been ordered on your account. (For me my initial thoughts might be that I didn't order that item, and would log on to see if someone had hacked my account).

If I recall correctly, my antispam software originally marked it as "unsure" and I had to manually mark it as "spam" for the next time if there is one.

i'm getting quite a few of these also, especially the USPS and the Fedex ones that contain a virus you can report the email to www.emailbusters.org there also a spam button inside gmail if you use it (if not you should!)

Back
Top Bottom