• Yes

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 94.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Which do you prefer, bottled water or tap water? Is bottled water worth the price?

Tap water run through my R.O.system...........:)

We have a small reverse osmosis (RO) system installed in the kitchen for drinking and cooking water. If we buy water, I prefer distilled, but it only comes in gallon containers. We buy bottled water to take in the car.

Our dog won't drink tap water...prefers RO, but will drink bottled water!

When I lived in S. CA - bottled water was the only way - the city water was not good. Now in N. CA with a 600 foot well and the best water - tap from now on......

what about filtered - via brita

tap still gives me the heebies...

Our tap is connected to a rainwater replenished reservoir with a filtration plant.

Ironically when we stay in Mexico and drink bottled water extensively, there is a period of adjustment when we return home, usually about 3 days.

Our city water is good. I keep water in the fridge because I like it extra chilled.

Our city water is good. I keep water in the fridge because I like it extra chilled.

That's because that filtered Mississippi River water is clean, since you are on the nort of the big polluting cities..........:)

We used to buy bottled water from the store reluctantly since DW didn't have a water cooler at work. In the last 2-3 months, we purchased a large aluminum SIGG water bottle so that she can just fill it up in the morning with filtered water. We feel much better not wasting so much plastic. Should have done it sooner!

I heard last week that it takes the equivalent of three bottles of water to make the plastic bottle that your bottled water comes in. At the moment I use bottled water. I may go to the larger bottle later. But I intend to put in a filter system for the well water and stop buying water at all.

Brita filtered tap water or from water cooler...refilling the "bottled water" bottles...purchase fresh ones when out and about...I do own Nalgene bottles (purchased for the Aug. mule trip), but do not care to use them...and they don't squish/squeeze and get scratched - which for some reason I do not like. The extra empties get tossed in the recycling bin. Will buy bottled water (case/flat) for camping trips or parties.

What makes you think there's any difference at all? Aquafina IS tapwater!

Aquafina labels to spell out source - tap water - CNN.com

...minus the safety checks...

NRDC: Bottled Water: Pure Drink or Pure Hype?
Heard that before. That's why we just stick to RO or distilled water. Trouble is I get tired of washing and filling water bottles for travel, so I usually have a case of bottled water sitting around so I can toss one or two into the car for convenience. I'm thinking that even the bottled water is still better for you than soft drinks...which is actually my preference when we travel.

Along the same line, have you heard the nasty story about the quality of water used to make ice? The teaser for that news story was "which is cleaner, the water used to make ice or the water in your toilet.":confused:

That may cure me of the fountain cola preference!

Tap Water everywhere FL, OH, IL, VA. Most of the bottled stuff IMO is just expensive tap water, direct, filtered or whatever. One of those one sided polls - less than 5% say yes and over 95% say no.

I voted no, it's not worth it - but I still buy it anyway. It's a matter of taste.

We drink tap water exclusively, except when we go on trips, we'll take a couple bottles of 'store bought' foo-foo water to drink en route. Our municipal tap water is pumped from 1200' deep wells that tap into the aquifer, and then it's sent through RO units, before being sent throughout the system. I used to do some of the municipal water testing, so I know it's OK. :uglystupid:

I buy about a case a year as an emergency backup.

Who wants to lug bottled water home from the store every week? One of the great advantages to having decent city water is that you don't have to DO that. Of course the other option is to have a contract for water to be brought to you. In general the idea of a regular cash flow in the outward direction when I don't need it, whether by contract or by bringing it in myself, doesn't really give me a warm and cozy feeling.

Now, in College Station, Texas, the water was not to my liking so I did drink bottled water. In San Diego it wasn't the best, either. Blech.

The water here in New Orleans tastes great to me, though. So does the water in Missouri, my future ER location.

We drink Lake Urine (Huron) water filtered through the fridge to get rid of the chlorine.

The purity, ph, and mineral ppm. are what keeps me healthy.

Bottled water for kids' sports teams means I have a seemingly unlimted supply of water bottles around. Buy in bulk and watch for sales, so I'm not lugging the stuff around often, just once in a while it's a big operation. Filtered tap water for home. Plain tap water has a taste I don't like here, but filter takes care of it. Some brands of bottled water have the same problem, so I make sure which ones I buy are okay. Sometimes fill the empty water bottles with filtered tap water for my own use. Teams seem to strongly prefer opening a new bottle to using a re-filled one.

Back
Top Bottom