Brady and the Patriots - a new ruling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the snow plow operator did that at the Patriots request. The cheating seems to have started when Belichick got there.

Well based on nothing happening to Brady then obviously nothing can happen to Rodgers. If Brady's suspension had been upheld then the Rodgers situation would be more interesting. Rodgers probably still shouldn't be suspended for 2 reasons.
1) Brady's suspension would've been for hindering the investigation, which Rodgers didn't do.
2) This one is trickier but do you suspend someone for something they didn't get caught doing? He admitted to pushing the limits. We don't know specifically if he went over the limits or not because he didn't get caught and there are no balls as evidence. Also, is there a statute of limitations for admitting something like this? What if someone says they took steroids 5 yrs ago but we're never caught?

Last edited:
Of course pressure will still vary with temperature, temperature differential where measured if not on the field & handling, but both teams will suffer/enjoy the variation equally. That sure was easy...

But you still haven't told us who your new favorite player is...

Why can't he still have Rodgers as his favorite player while being disappointed that he "pushed the limits"?

Why can't he still have Rodgers as his favorite player while being disappointed that he "pushed the limits"?
To summarize for you again:

• He hates cheaters
  • Rodgers is his favorite player
  • Rodgers didn't just push the limits, he deliberately went over (see below, again - link above, and there are many more)
    • Odds are they weren't caught/corrected every time BTW.
  • [Just as you both allege Brady went under the limit, even though the NFL offered no proof by their own admission.]
Head in the sand much?
"(Rodgers) said something [that] was unique," Simms revealed. "[Rodgers said] 'I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.' Because he thinks it's easier for him to grip. He likes them tight."

Last edited:
....Brady's suspension would've been for hindering the investigation...

I don't recall reading anywhere that the NFL claims that Brady hindered the investigation, but more that they feel he was not fully cooperative. There is a significant difference between the two as the former suggests actively trying to interfere with the investigation and the other is simply failing to be cooperative.

I would be hesitant to be cooperative with my accusers in those circumstances too, if I was innocent or if I was guilty.

why don't y'all take a breather on this and then just move on?

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1441396399.074639.jpg

Brady's suspension would've been for hindering the investigation, which Rodgers didn't do.

For one more time..........No player in NFL history was suspended for hindering or obstructing an investigation.

Come on. He threw his phone away. He hindered the investigation. The content of text messages aren't kept by phone companies but they are stored on your phone even when you delete them. His lawyers know that and he threw his phone away. Stop denying the obvious when the whole country knows what happened.

It's like Pete Rose denying he bet on baseball or Barry Bonds denying he took steroids. Just admit it and move on.

Everyone had their say and all minds seem to be made up, so there's no need to drag this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom