Brand loyalty?

Slightly off-topic, but I've always thought it was odd that toilet paper rolls & paper towel rolls don't have the brand name printed on the cardboard roll. I mean when you've finished the roll there should be a name printed there to remind you which brand to purchase, or not, right?

Don't they hire marketing geniuses to build their brands??

I want a fortune at the end to tell me things my butt will experience in the future.

I’m sure we’re all a mix of brand loyal and not in varying degrees. There are many things we buy that are only one or a narrow group of brands, and other items where the cheapest is more than good enough based on our experience. The exception for us - we’ve only had one bad experience * with Kirkland Signature products, and dozens of great experiences. I’ll buy Kirkland without hesitation.

+1 Most of the time I have found that the Kirkland brand products that I am interested in were better than the name brand of the same product. If they aren't then I just return it when I go get a hot dog. :D

Other than that I am loyal to my taste buds, comfort, and bank account.

Cheers!

We stick with brands as the total cost over the year is probably a few hundred bucks.

AMD processors. When I started building our own PCs 25+ years ago they were a wider variety, much cheaper, and with better performance than Intel models. I have stuck with using them for my builds.

Interesting thread, made me realize how little I buy and how little I am brand loyal. I really had to struggle to think of things where I am particular.

These things aren't bought often but if I'm buying them, it's always these.
Pilot G2 0.5mm pens
Cape Cod low-fat chips
Cella's chocolate covered cherries
Merrill shoes (they just seem to fit me best)
Stouffer frozen meals

Pilot G2 pens for me too. I don't want to experiment more. They're fine and got top reviews and at that price it's not worth further experimentation.

Cella's chocolate covered cherries are the only brand of chocolate covered cherry I'd want. They were always one of my favorite candies. I once tried another brand and the syrup was white! I recommended Cella's chocolate covered cherries to the YouTube channel Tribal People Try.

In most instances if the house brand product is an option we go with it.

I have a decent tool set that I have had since 1979 when I went to auto tech school Snap on. I never broke one, the sockets and wrenches fit snuggly and did not round of corners and if they would break they would be replaced free. One student broke his nose by using a cheap $20 breaker bar he was pulling down on it trying to loosen a rear differential plug and it snapped on him. I think Craftsman tools are the same but since Sears is now closed no one to honor the warranty.

My parents, both long deceased,but my dad liked to use Listerine brand mouthwash, it was considerably higher priced The house brand was"Shurfine" brand in Lincoln NE
grocery store and she would just refill the Listerine bottle with the Shurfine stuff. Exact same ingredients and amber color and Dad never knew the difference.

My dad was a machinist and had lots of SnapOn and BluePoint tools. Sadly, they were all sold by my mom when he died. Later I putzed around as an auto mechanic and slowly built up some SnapOn tools. Just doesn't get better. The finish is great, they are as thin as possible, and the box ends of the wrenches and sockets have maximum contact and hold better than any other tools. Their warranty? A couple years ago I found a SnapOn 3/8" rachet at a yard sale with a broken on/off selector tab. $4. Contacted SnapOn and they sent a complete inner ratchet set with selector tab and an unasked for handle. Free. Based on a phone call. My $4 ratchet is worth about $85 used on the bay, but will stay with me.

Have you ever checked the active ingredients list? The store brands often have the exact same active ingredients as the national brands.
Yes, but that may not indicate that it is the same product in a different package. I do use this trick at CVS, though, and am very happy to buy the same formulation without the brand name price.

Better, try to identify the manufacturing plant code. First clue is if it is placed the same on the branded and unbranded packages; they are not going to relocate the marking machine when the package changes. On cans, IIRC "EST: xxxx" gives the manufacturing plant number.

purchase more Apple products than others, and Toyota for cars.
Love:
Daves Killer Bread
Portland Ketchup

We are no longer in Milwaukee but we mail order from the Spice House. I miss going into the store.

Yeah, Spice House is good, too.

DS and DDIL sent us a Penzeys spice package as a present. They are all really good. The one that is FANTASIC is "Mural of Flavor". The absolute best flavoring for eggs, hash browns, and a host of other things.

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely try that one.

I think Craftsman tools are the same but since Sears is now closed no one to honor the warranty.

I think they actually WILL honor the warranty. You can buy Craftsman tools at a number of stores now (Lowes, Ace, etc.). And their website says:

No proof of purchase required. Return damaged product to a stocking Retail Partner or contact Customer Care for details.

Canon cameras, because we have some very nice lenes that we'll be keeping for years. Also, we're accustomed to the ergonomics, which allows us to quickly change settings on the fly, a major advantage in our kind of photography.

Sky vodka. But if they stopped selling it at Costco then I would probably change brands.

Our primary brand in this house Costco's Kirkland brand. I lean to generics but will compare quality to price.

We are also partial to Apple and Honda.

I am pretty [-]cheap[/-] thrifty and use generics or house brands for almost everything, but there are a few that just have no equal:

Saran Wrap. I have never found another brand that does not reduce me to tears or cursing. Or both.

Windex. Don't know why, but everything else leaves streaks.

Peanut butter: I have found some that are OK when freshly opened, but if you want consistency, it has to be Jif or Peter Pan or Skippy. Next time we go to Europe, I'm bringing some.

We are also partial to Apple and Honda.

We had a long line of Hondas (Civics and Accords) and were happy with them all, so they definitely have a leg up when we go car shopping. However, we currently have no more Hondas, because they have made them ugly.

We had a long line of Hondas (Civics and Accords) and were happy with them all, so they definitely have a leg up when we go car shopping. However, we currently have no more Hondas, because they have made them ugly.

True. I'll be in the market for another minivan soon and I'm leaning more towards the Toyota Sienna just on looks.

Cabot cheese and yogurt. Pepsi and Coke. Arnold whole grain bread. Florida’s Natural grapefruit juice.

Brand Loyalty

Ziploc bags
Kraft marshmallows
Campbell’s chicken noodle soup
BilJac dog food
Jimmy Dean or Owen breakfast sausage
Top Tier fuel

Brand loyal to Honda cars and Dewalt tools, because they have always treated me well. Also, certain craft beers, but that's a really long conversation. :)

I prefer Hunt’s Ketchup and Duke’s Mayonnaise.
Apple electronic devices.

-Marriott
-Tesla (only own stock bc it's way more financially valuable than the car... will own car eventually; possibly after starting successful company)

DW said Golden Goose (head smack emoji)

Coke zero sugar. It is the only sugar free soda that tastes good to me and leaves no aftertaste. I do dabble a bit with Pepsi and Sprite zero when they are only sale. But I do stock up on Coke zero a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom