Braving Black Friday

Truth be told, back in the day I liked to shop...well a little at least.

Now, I'm so bombarded with information, sales, coupons and negotiations, it practically wears me out. I do all the research, finally buy the product and I still feel like I'm getting screwed. :p

I haven't left the house since Wednesday afternoon. I did some shopping online (bedding was 60+% off at macy's) and I am waiting for cyber Monday for a few more deals.

Way to go, America:

Early data shows strong Black Friday - USATODAY.com

Looks like this year's sales totals might best last year's by 3%--that's a lot of shopping!

"Under these circumstances, to start off the season in this fashion is truly amazing and is a testament to the resiliency of the American consumer, and undeniably proves a willingness to spend," ShopperTrak co-founder Bill Martin said in a statement.

Hear that, consumer? You are a hero! :rolleyes: You stared adversity in the face and you boldly charged...to your Visa.

Perhaps it was some pent up shopping desire that had been held back for the past few months with the downturn.

I have never been shopping on Black Friday.

My typical shopping experience time line:

11:09 Have a need for a box of screws
11:10 Get in car, dive to Home Depot
11:14 Arrive @ HD parking lot, get out of car
11:18 Stand in front of display of various containers of screws. Select one box.
11:19 Scan box of screws and swipe CC to pay for it. Do not need a bag, thank you.
11:21 Get back in car. Drive home.
11:26 Arrive home from HD, toss box of screws on work bench in garage.
11:28 Open first of several Shiner Bocks. Sit on deck drinking brew and think about why I thought I needed box of screws.
11:36 Open second beer...ahh screw it.

Back
Top Bottom