Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-03-2008, 06:45 AM   #21
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Isn't it amazing how some people feel the need to be so judgmental about what other people choose to do with their own bodies and their own money when those choices don't deny the rights of said critics?

I rarely have fast food and I rarely want it, but man, I get tired of the holier-than-thou attitude of the Food Police.

No judgement, just wondering. I mean I just ran by a bojangles down here in the raleigh nc area, there are 22 cars waiting on line at the drive up window with a gasoline station next door . Price for gasoline is 3.77.9 for regular. Now why in the world would these people be wasting gasoline to put a greasy sausage biscuit and a coffee or soda in them at 7am?? While bit(hin about the price of gasoline? Hey I just callem as I see um.
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2008, 06:52 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888 View Post
No judgement, just wondering. I mean I just ran by a bojangles down here in the raleigh nc area, there are 22 cars waiting on line at the drive up window with a gasoline station next door . Price for gasoline is 3.77.9 for regular. Now why in the world would these people be wasting gasoline to put a greasy sausage biscuit and a coffee or soda in them at 7am?? While bit(hin about the price of gasoline? Hey I just callem as I see um.

Just because you cant afford to sit in line burning gas to get a tasty greasy sausage biscuit doesnt mean other people cant.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:57 AM   #23
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
Just because you cant afford to sit in line burning gas to get a tasty greasy sausage biscuit doesnt mean other people cant.

Nah I am just the nut who ran 10 miles to now sit down and eat strawberries, and oatmeal. However I am drinking a guiness right now!
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

All this talk about Burger king........ I am going to go get me a Whopper.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888 View Post
Hey now, who said arugula
I had to look it up - arugula - do people actually eat that crap - or is it just politically correct talk. .

Sigh - I miss the land of Lee's Hamburgers, New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood Company - and Po-Boys from Mother's. And Muffs from Central Grocery et al.

heh heh heh - BBQ is king in greater KC - but the 'other guys' - BK, MickyD, and Miss Wendy still survive. .
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
if i'm gonna eat fast food, it will be BK first, then wendy's...no mcd's ever. i like BK's chicken fries and crsispy chicken sandwich. the rest goes through me faster than a greased pig on a slip'n slide
TMI!!! Now I can't get this visual out of my mind...........
Achiever51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #27

By the way, I understand that Wendy's was just bought out by Arby's. I never understood Arby's "appeal." Their "roast beef" really looks like my middle school cafeteria's mystery meat.
Achiever51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
What's so bad about Burger King. When I lived across the street from one for 7 years I went there several times a week. Low cost, good tasting, convenient. Now I live next to a dairy queen and eat there at least twice a week. I realize it's not the healthiest of foods. If I was fighting weight gain I wouldn't go there but i'm 6'6" and weigh 155lbs so I don't think I need to worry about gaining too much weight.
You need to fatten up a bit. Add a shake and fries to your whopper. Maybe an apple turnover for desert.

You guys got me hungry. Time for a whopper run. It's ok, I hiked 5 miles yesterday.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
I had to look it up - arugula - do people actually eat that crap - or is it just politically correct talk. .

Sigh - I miss the land of Lee's Hamburgers, New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood Company - and Po-Boys from Mother's. And Muffs from Central Grocery et al.

heh heh heh - BBQ is king in greater KC - but the 'other guys' - BK, MickyD, and Miss Wendy still survive. .
I eat it. Just another salad green.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Most fast food is fine if you skip the deep fried stuff and leave the mayo or special sauces out of it. And the cheese.

Uh...enjoy your napkin!

Carls Jr. who also operates under the name Hardees in some parts of the world is about the only fast food I'll bother with. Jack-in-the-box got good for a while but then sank into stinkdom. Both burger king and mcdonalds sell lousy food IMO. I havent been to a wendys in years...last time I watched the guy take a precooked burger from a stack on the counter and flip it a few times on the grill and then stick it on a bun, still cold in the middle. EWW!

Six Dollar Burger! (Which actually sells for about $3.75 and needs to have its name changed to "Eight dollar burger")

Accept No Substitutes!

Carl's Jr.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #31

I like Ruby Tuesday cheeseburgers. Probably has poop on them but Im ok with that.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #32
Recycles dryer sheets

1420 calorie Hardee Monster Burger.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever51 View Post
By the way, I understand that Wendy's was just bought out by Arby's. I never understood Arby's "appeal." Their "roast beef" really looks like my middle school cafeteria's mystery meat.
I like Arby's too. Around here you can get 5 for $5.95. I get 4 arby's melts(there roast beef sandwich with melted cheese on top) and a choclate shake for 6 bucks. That offer prbably doesn't apply to most areas though.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

I was gonna say Arby's is king for cheap folks. Used to be 5 for $5 and one of the guys that used to work for me got that on a regular basis. I see inflation has had its way with the price.

They used to make a french fry that was extruded from a machine, sort of like thick mashed potatoes, right into the hot grease. I remember liking those as a little kid. Probably gross me out now, if they even still make them.

Yep, the hardee monster burger == carls jr's double six dollar burger.

I'm also fond of their Six Dollar Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Onion rings, cheese, bacon and a big slab of beef. Niiice...

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #35

Yum
Old 05-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #36
Recycles dryer sheets

Just had a Steakhouse Burger from BK. Not too bad.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #37
Give me a forum ...

Dang - I gotta run to the store and get some BACON! to go with my BBQ pork tonight.

heh heh heh -
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Ribs and cole slaw at the Casa de Bunny tonight...

But I might have to get a burger for lunch...
Old 05-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #39

Smoked Brisket ,baked potato and corn on the cob.

YEHAWW
Old 05-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #40
Give me a forum ...

By the way if anyone is a Carls fan, I have an image capture of a buy one get one free for the six dollar burger. Seems they released it on that there internet thing and somehow everyone got a copy and started using it, and thats not what they wanted. Funny how that worked.

Its good until 12/31/08, and seems most Carls Jr's will accept it. Its on my other puter but I'll post it if anyone wants it.

Two giant burgers for under $4 is a pretty good deal.

Heres an online version of the Hardees thickburger coupon...
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4...rslayergd5.jpg