Calling all Texans

splitwdw

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Have any of you heard from aja8888? He hasn't been online since 4/10/2020. I did check with MichaelB but he hasn't heard anything.

Still wondering about Trombone Al and HaHa.

How about Cute Fuzzy Bunny (Calif?) and bbamI (she is a Texan)?

How about Cute Fuzzy Bunny (Calif?) and bbamI (she is a Texan)?
Well, I've lived in Texas for 26 years....so not sure if I qualify.

It's my guess T AL might be working on a new book. As for Ha and AJ, I have no idea and am concerned about their absence.

Last edited:
I posted a few days ago that I exchanged PMs with T-Al the end of March. He was fine at the time, said he was just taking a break from the forum.

Last edited:
How about Cute Fuzzy Bunny (Calif?)

CFB had some serious health issues a few years back but I understand he recovered. He posted on facebook sometime last year (?) that he was giving up social media entirely and I haven't heard anything from him since.

Well, I've lived in Texas for 26 years....so not sure if I qualify.

It's my guess T AL might be working on a new book. As for Ha and AJ, I have no idea and am concerned about their absence.

I had not noticed you posting much recently. Your like me, I've been here 27 years, got here as fast as I could. No Texas accent, but I think like a Texan:D

CFB had some serious health issues a few years back but I understand he recovered. He posted on facebook sometime last year (?) that he was giving up social media entirely and I haven't heard anything from him since.

Too bad, he had so many good contributions in the past. Glad to hear he recovered.

Thanks for the concern about my being away for a while. Front (and side) yard landscaping and other big projects had me busy for a spell (and tired) and I just didn't sign in a for a while. And the "spell" turned into a few weeks :)blush:).. I also needed some "time away", too.

But I am back and we are OK. DW is going nuts being housebound, but she has severe COPD and we can't risk any exposure to the new virus. I'm still working on my case of "going nuts" too. But our new house (garage) guests have been a diversion.

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/invasion-of-the-birds-103651.html#post2422858

Baby Wrens.jpg

It really is a negative of online groups like this, in that it is impossible to know why frequent posters just stop posting. I do it myself (not so much here), but for instance on a F150 forum, or home brewing forum - both of which I have been a rare participant for the last couple years.

Thanks for the concern about my being away for a while. Front (and side) yard landscaping and other big projects had me busy for a spell (and tired) and I just didn't sign in a for a while. And the "spell" turned into a few weeks :)blush:).. I also needed some "time away", too.

But I am back and we are OK. DW is going nuts being housebound, but she has severe COPD and we can't risk any exposure to the new virus. I'm still working on my case of "going nuts" too. But our new house (garage) guests have been a diversion.

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/invasion-of-the-birds-103651.html#post2422858

So glad that you are OK, and I hope the landscaping projects weren't too much for you. None of us are getting any younger! The birds are cute, but if it was me I'd just go in with a broom and knock the birds and their nest out of there for good. Yes, I'm heartless. LOL

Wish I could help with the "going nuts being housebound" part. Some days I think I am handling it, and other days are more difficult.

They are so cute. We have them here in Iowa, but they are so hard to get a look at. The baby is in front and Mom in back?

Can't you just take your wife for a drive . That seems to help cabin fever .

We have done that a couple of times. She misses seeing her daughters and grandchildren (previous marriage). I guess Facebook is good for something as she is on that with them. But that's not the same as "in person".

aja8888, Glad you posted. Who would I share C8 news with if you dropped out? This is why I appreciated Mdlerth posting that he/she was taking time off so you wouldn't be wondering. Anyway, glad you and Mrs. aja are well.

Yes, I wondered too. He hasn't posted in over a month which is very unusual for him. I sent him PM recently and have not gotten any response. :(

Thanks for mentioning that. Yes, I was wondering about him yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom